CPU/Mobo upgrade feedback

Hello dear people

I wanted to ask your opinion on my planned PC upgrade. I want to upgrade my system due to the recent addition of an MSI GTX1080Ti Gaming X 11Gb! The current system runs on an AMD FX8350 with 16Gb RAM @1600 and as expected is not performing as wished.

I already have an MSI Z170a Tomahawk as a gift, and I was thinking of buying an i-7700k (around 400€ here in Greece), however I have second thoughts because buying an AM4 motherboard and one of new Ryzen CPUs would cost about the same (a 1600x with a decent AM4 Mobo goes around 350€-400€). Also I'm am not really sure on what RAM frequency to choose for the new system and how crucial are the differences from 3000 to 3200 or 3600.

I use my PC for web/game development, video editing and obviously gaming.

What would you suggest I do with the CPU/Mobo and how many GB of RAM and at what speeds should I choose?

Thanks in advance

How MUCH vidoe editing do you do? Is it making you enough for it to be worth it? If not, just stick with your 7700k. If you do it and make money, and it requires a decent amount of horsepower, then yes ge a 1700 and x370 or b350. a 1600x isnt worth it because they pretty much equal for adobe premiere and 7700k will be better for gaming.

z170 tomahawk would need uefi update to accommodate 7700k, as it was built for 20 series PCH, not 10 series. 

idk

Any work outside of gaming benefits from more than 4 cores. More games, especially open world games benefit from more than 4 cores now, and will even more in the future. I think you will be more future proof with a Ryzen. Besides, if you can get the CPU+mobo for same price as the 7700K, you have the saved money on a z270 mobo to use on something else. Like a larger SSD to speed things up.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro