FPS Drops in video games AMD

No
Go to solution Solved by InfernalSurge,
11 hours ago, No said:

yeah sorry, its 970 not 940. evga 500b power supply, no overclock, temps are always between 53-63 mostly noticable in csgo

Do you have cool n quiet, C1E and turbo boost enabled in the BIOS? I've fixed stuttering by disabling those. 

AMD fx 8320

r9 280x

motherboard: msi 940a-g43

500w power supply

it runs smooth for 30 mins, then i get fps drops to 30 for a little while then it goes back to normal. help?

6 minutes ago, No said:

AMD fx 8320

r9 280x

500w power supply

it runs smooth for 30 mins, then i get fps drops to 30 for a little while then it goes back to normal. help?

CPU and GPU temps? Did you overclock CPU? What power supply?

18 minutes ago, No said:

AMD fx 8320

r9 280x

500w power supply

are you sure its a msi 940a-g43 and not a msi 970a-g43 i couldn't find a 940 Mobo...

if you overclocked your Cpu you need to take the overlock off again its most likely that your VRM overheating and to safe them you mobo is downclocking your CPU to take some stress and heat off of them.

2 hours ago, tp95112 said:

Check temperatures. Maybe thermal throttle or something.Check cpu usage aswell. Also what games be more specific

1 hour ago, InfernalSurge said:

CPU and GPU temps? Did you overclock CPU? What power supply?

1 hour ago, SoreRaito said:

are you sure its a msi 940a-g43 and not a msi 970a-g43 i couldn't find a 940 Mobo...

if you overclocked your Cpu you need to take the overlock off again its most likely that your VRM overheating and to safe them you mobo is downclocking your CPU to take some stress and heat off of them.

yeah sorry, its 970 not 940. evga 500b power supply, no overclock, temps are always between 53-63 mostly noticable in csgo

11 hours ago, No said:

Do you have cool n quiet, C1E and turbo boost enabled in the BIOS? I've fixed stuttering by disabling those. 

45 minutes ago, InfernalSurge said:

thanks for the replies everyone! disabling the power saving settings fixed it