Gtx 750 ti Overclock or no?

Yana

Hello! I would like to know if I can overclock my GPU without any problems, my GPU is a Nivida Gtx 750 ti. I would also love to know if i can Overclock my cpu? It is a Intel Core i5-6400 with 2.70 Ghz, i would want it to go to 3.0 at least.

Thank you for your time!

Overclocking the GPU is easy and safe, just try turning the core clock up in MSI Afterburner until it artifacts or crashes, then back it off a bit.  If it lets you, you could try giving more voltage too, up to +50 mv should be totally fine

That CPU however is locked, so you could only overclock it by upping the base clock.  I highly doubt you'd be able to get 3.0 GHz stable for that reason.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Overclocking the GPU is easy and safe, just try turning the core clock up in MSI Afterburner until it artifacts or crashes, then back it off a bit.  If it lets you, you could try giving more voltage too, up to +50 mv should be totally fine

That CPU however is locked, so you could only overclock it by upping the base clock.  I highly doubt you'd be able to get 3.0 GHz stable for that reason.

ok ty! ill try the gpu!

6 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

On my 1070 in afterburner, i up it by 100mv and the card is perfectly fine... i abused my old 750 ti, had that bitch running at 90c at max load, custom bios had just above a 950 performance on it lmao

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

Just now, Jrock said:

On my 1070 in afterburner, i up it by 100mv and the card is perfectly fine... i abused my old 750 ti, had that bitch running at 90c at max load, custom bios had just above a 950 performance on it lmao

Yeah you could probably go +100 mv too or even maybe +150 without a problem but I wanted to start off completely safe :P 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Yeah you could probably go +100 mv too or even maybe +150 without a problem but I wanted to start off completely safe :P 

Yep, for sure

It depends on the card.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

10 minutes ago, Jrock said:

Yep, for sure

It depends on the card.

11 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

was it not hot? as in the GPU temp. Also whats a good range of temp for a gpu?

Just now, Yana said:

was it not hot? as in the GPU temp. Also whats a good range of temp for a gpu?

Generally if you keep it under 80 it's fine, but the lower the better.  50s - 60s would be great :) 

On 8/1/2017 at 1:59 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

Generally if you keep it under 80 it's fine, but the lower the better.  50s - 60s would be great :) 

If i OC my Gtx750ti will i be able to play black desert online more smoothly? Atm i can play it smoothly but only for a short while. if i move really fast or go into any combat it stutters like hell. Or is Black desert online more towards your ram? i have 8gb atm

Just now, Yana said:

If i OC my Gtx750ti will i be able to play black desert online more smoothly? Atm i can play it smoothly but only for a short while. if i move really fast or go into any combat it stutters like hell. Or is Black desert online more towards your ram? i have 8gb atm

I have no idea what that game's performance characteristics are like, how you have your graphics set, etc. which would all factor into that.  Generally a better GPU will run games faster but that's assuming you're not held back in some other way, like CPU power, RAM quantity, or even disk access speed for loading new areas.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

I have no idea what that game's performance characteristics are like, how you have your graphics set, etc. which would all factor into that.  Generally a better GPU will run games faster but that's assuming you're not held back in some other way, like CPU power, RAM quantity, or even disk access speed for loading new areas.

Ok ty!