"CPU only" labtop

Go to solution Solved by sicily428,
19 minutes ago, Stefan1024 said:

So I have a specific need for a labtop with a powerful CPU (desktop i7 single threaded performance) but I don't need any GPU power at all. While there are labtops with good CPUs, they often an expensive GPU, making the machine to expensive for what I need. Any recommondations? Budget <1500€

clevo n650du (desktop cpu)

clevo n350dw (desktop cpu)

clevo n850hz

clevo n870hz

here some infos about clevos

lenovo thinkpad t470p

dell precision m3520 without dgpu

dell precision m7520 without dgpu

dell latitude 5480

dell latitude 5580

hp zbook 15 g4 without dgpu

So I have a specific need for a labtop with a powerful CPU (desktop i7 single threaded performance) but I don't need any GPU power at all. While there are labtops with good CPUs, they often an expensive GPU, making the machine to expensive for what I need. Any recommondations? Budget <1500€

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

3 minutes ago, Stefan1024 said:

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/hp-core-i7-6500u-8gb-256gb-ssd-dvd-rw-15.6-inch-windows-10-professional-lap-x0q13ea/version.asp

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

1 minute ago, Matt_98 said:

That's not a powerful CPU by any stretch of the imagination

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Your best chance would be a Macbook or some form of workstation computer.I doubt(other than apple)that there is a computer in that budget without a dGPU

My life

1 minute ago, Matt_98 said:

U is ultra shit, won't be good in single core performance. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

That's not a powerful CPU by any stretch of the imagination

oh Didn't notice the U xD 

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

Just now, Matt_98 said:

oh Didn't notice the U xD 

yes, those are not great.  My sandy bridge laptop that cost much less than OP's budget is more powerful than that

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

8 minutes ago, Stefan1024 said:

you probably wont find a good i7 without a gpu

PSU tier list- 

maybe find a used thinkpad, or maybe a new one

i think those have an option to not have high end dGPU.. dont know though

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

12 minutes ago, Stefan1024 said:

There are a few "configurations" of laptops out there - high end gaming laptops (good everything except battery life, also expensive), cheap all-around laptops (affordable but not good at anything and break a lot), ultrabooks (very thin and portable, often good battery life but no gpu and very expensive for what you get), etc. but there are many possible configurations that I don't ever tend to see and it's unfortunate since some of them would be ideal.  For example, one config I never see is the perfect school laptop: 13 or 15", powerful CPU, good SSD, long battery life, no GPU, affordable price.

I'd look for workstation laptops with Xeon processors, rather than desktop i7 processors, ThinkPad has some Laptops that you can get a Xeon in.

19 minutes ago, Stefan1024 said:

clevo n850hz

clevo n870hz

lenovo thinkpad t470p

dell latitude 5480

dell latitude 5580

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Matt_98 said:

2 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

2 hours ago, Himommies said:

2 hours ago, themctipers said:

2 hours ago, Himommies said:

2 hours ago, themctipers said:

2 hours ago, CyberHusky88 said:

2 hours ago, sicily428 said:

clevo n850hz

clevo n870hz

lenovo thinkpad t470p

dell latitude 5480

dell latitude 5580

Ok, this looks like a good point to start. I will koot into some of the Thinkpads and Dell labtops.

Thank you all for the input.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

55 minutes ago, Stefan1024 said:

Ok, this looks like a good point to start. I will koot into some of the Thinkpads and Dell labtops.

Thank you all for the input.

oh my god the mass quoting 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.