Ryzen 7 1700 multiplier bug.

Hi all,

I'm running against a problem with overclocking my R7 1700. 

I got a gigabyte ax370 aorus gaming 5 mobo currently on the latest bios version F6. When I try to manually overclock via the bios and I boot into windows , my multiplier is stuck solid on 15.5x . However when I reboot and go the the bios again it shows the correct multiplier I just dialed in. 

When I flash my bios to the older version f4 I can overclock whatever I want and it works fine but this version only clocks my memory to 2400 mhz while it's a 3200 kit.

On this f6 version it doesn't matter if I manually set vcore voltage or an +offset. Still gives me the 15.5x multiplier bug in windows.

Specs of my PC.

Gigabyte AX370 aorus gaming 5

R7 1700

2x8 g gskill flarex 3200 cl14

GTX1060 6g

Fresh clean Windows 10 pro on a 120 gig ssd.

Anyone else running in to this kind of problem ? Any though and tips are welcome .

• 2 weeks later...

im having the same issue on an asus x370 prime board with a 1600 i think its probably something to do with the bios on mine, i had the 0515 bios on mine and while i couldnt get my ram to run faster than 2666 mhz i could get an overclock of 3.9 at 1.35 v. After ti installed the 0805 bios on mine (the most up to date bios at the time (and this is after i got all of my stuff downloaded and loaded up)) it allowed for me to get ram up to rated speeds (3000 mhz or 2933) it seems to do something funny when i try and alter the voltage, and i think i have isolated it to be the voltage that changes it. i can get my cpu to run at about 3.75-3.8 with the stock voltages. the Ryzen master software does allow me to get the voltage up to where i want and get the overclock working as it should but i dont feel like needing the master software to run an overclock really makes sense to me... at least personally

currently have the 0807 bios and problem persists.

On 12-8-2017 at 11:44 AM, RickyD96 said:

im having the same issue on an asus x370 prime board with a 1600 i think its probably something to do with the bios on mine, i had the 0515 bios on mine and while i couldnt get my ram to run faster than 2666 mhz i could get an overclock of 3.9 at 1.35 v. After ti installed the 0805 bios on mine (the most up to date bios at the time (and this is after i got all of my stuff downloaded and loaded up)) it allowed for me to get ram up to rated speeds (3000 mhz or 2933) it seems to do something funny when i try and alter the voltage, and i think i have isolated it to be the voltage that changes it. i can get my cpu to run at about 3.75-3.8 with the stock voltages. the Ryzen master software does allow me to get the voltage up to where i want and get the overclock working as it should but i dont feel like needing the master software to run an overclock really makes sense to me... at least personally

currently have the 0807 bios and problem persists.

I've contacted gigabyte about this problem and they send me a beta bios (f7b) and now it works fine. My 1700 is stable @ 3.9ghz with 1.37500 volts and LLC on high. My ram is also running stable @3200mhz cl 14 . (G.Skill FlareX)

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/8/2017 at 10:23 AM, ShinchanNL said:

I've contacted gigabyte about this problem and they send me a beta bios (f7b) and now it works fine. My 1700 is stable @ 3.9ghz with 1.37500 volts and LLC on high. My ram is also running stable @3200mhz cl 14 . (G.Skill FlareX)

Can you share that bios, I have the same problem and I only find the F6G beta bios that doesnt resolve any problem.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170620191913/http://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/886/am4-beta-bios-thread

Regards.

On 22-8-2017 at 6:16 PM, SuperCurro said:

Can you share that bios, I have the same problem and I only find the F6G beta bios that doesnt resolve any problem.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170620191913/http://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/886/am4-beta-bios-thread

Regards.

Here you go. Note to this is that using a beta bios is at own risk. Please let me know if this worked out for you.

AX370Gaming5.F7b

13 hours ago, ShinchanNL said:

Here you go. Note to this is that using a beta bios is at own risk. Please let me know if this worked out for you.

AX370Gaming5.F7b

Thank You very much, IT WORKS!!!!

Now the OC is compeltely diferent for memories, I have to redo all the OC but at least the problem of the 15.5 multiplier and the voltage is fixed. Still we have the problem of reseting the OC multiplier when you suspend the PC (if I have 40 and I suspend the equipment it turn down to 30 but not to 15.5). 

And the memories now reach 3020 intead of 2922 so better.

I also wrote to gigabyte and they anwered me this:

Answer:

Dear Francisco,

Please confirm the motherboard model!

Boot to bios setup and press "F9" Key.

Now read out the motherboard model name.

There is no bios F7b for GA-AX370-Gaming K5

Kind regards

GIGABYTE-Team Germany

52 minutes ago, SuperCurro said:

Thank You very much, IT WORKS!!!!

Now the OC is compeltely diferent for memories, I have to redo all the OC but at least the problem of the 15.5 multiplier and the voltage is fixed. Still we have the problem of reseting the OC multiplier when you suspend the PC (if I have 40 and I suspend the equipment it turn down to 30 but not to 15.5). 

And the memories now reach 3020 intead of 2922 so better.

I also wrote to gigabyte and they anwered me this:

Nice that it works , as far of the memory OC this bios just runs my gskill flarex 3200 14cl kit on the rated xmp profile with no problems. The 40x multiplier I haven't tried yet because I just installed my AIO liquid cooling so I might test it this weekend when I got time.

Weird that gigabyte send you that reply . This is what they answered to me.

Answer:

Dear Peter,

Please try the  attached BIOS F7b for testing.

It should fix the CPU ratio problem when Vcore is manually configured.

AX370Gaming5-F7b.zip

Thank you for emailing GIGABYTE.
We are delighted with your interest in our products.

We are checking with the responsible team.
We will come back to you once we get a reply.

Kind regards

GIGABYTE-Team