Dark theme complaining

kasugatei
1 minute ago, ARikozuM said:

If I want to paste a list or instructional with numbering, italicized, or bold text, "remove formatting" will remove... wait for it... all formatting. It's not a good idea to remove all formatting, in general, as the content may not be neatly organized as it would have been

Another parashooter -.-

We already got over that.

On 7/30/2017 at 7:41 PM, Niksa said:

Maybe there was talk about this before, but here is once more.

Every now or then there is a complain that something does not look good on the night theme. Since I've never seen complains about day theme and as a day theme user (never bothered to switch) never seeing a problem, there is obviously something wrong with a night theme.

The reason is that people who use night theme know how to format their posts properly so as to avoid the problem.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

17 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

The reason is that people who use night theme know how to format their posts properly so as to avoid the problem.

thats cuz otherwise we wouldnt be able to read our own posts :D

the real secret to us dark theme users complaining though,  its better for us to complain about not being able to read it, than to complain about having actually read it, and it being a shit post.

"nope didnt 50 shades of grey cuz my copy was set on fire, it was unreadable" sounds better than "wtf is this twilight fanfic bullshit"

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

12 hours ago, Tsuki said:

thats cuz otherwise we wouldnt be able to read our own posts :D

the real secret to us dark theme users complaining though,  its better for us to complain about not being able to read it, than to complain about having actually read it, and it being a shit post.

"nope didnt 50 shades of grey cuz my copy was set on fire, it was unreadable" sounds better than "wtf is this twilight fanfic bullshit"

What I said may sound silly or cocky or idk what but it's not, it's just facts :P The fact is the vast majority (like, ~430,000) who use day theme use it because they're unaware of another option, and so to them, if it looks right, then it's good enough - they don't think to remove formatting.  For those of us who use night theme (and hopefully those who intentionally picked day theme too), we're aware of the existence of night theme and therefore we remember to remove formatting.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

>day theme

kill the pleb!

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

@Ryan_Vickers what is wrong with this?  "Remove formatting" is just not intuitive and no one could guess that it is screwing up the display in the night theme. Users ARE NOT the problem if the users don't know that formatting causes issues. Fix the problem at the source, not cure the symptoms.

On 7/31/2017 at 11:55 AM, Niksa said:

And just to address this. If I put myself in boots of novice user on this forum and I see that message I would probably ignore it. Why? Let's say that "novice user" uses default day theme, on preview everything looks nice so the "novice user" is wandering: "Why should I remove the formatting?" 

If that message is changed to something like "It is formatted text and it will probably look like shit for night theme users" then we would see much more people removing formatting thus minimizing this issue.