In-network streaming

Lets get straight to the point: I have a very powerful pc in my office that would not look good in my family room, where I have my tv. In the family room I have a less powerful computer that is currently my home theater/ netflix driver. The end goal is for the less power computer to completely stream the other computer without latency or lag so I can play those great console ports with friends or other games that generally look better on a large screen. I've tried steam streaming I noticed very poor quality and terrible latency even though both of the computers are using wired connections. That's the part that bugs me, if I was using a wireless connection between the computers I'd expect some issues, but the computers are physically wired together so I really don't understand why I can't get a good stream. Anyways, I can use all the help that I can get so feel free to leave as many suggestions and solutions as you can in the comments.

Run a HDMI cable from the office and use wireless keyboard/ mouse or xbox controller you will have input lag so no pro CSGO but should work. Do not fall for a expensive HDMI monoprice is the best option or the computer section at Frys.

I use a Steam Link over wifi and it works really well for me.Maybe reinstall steam and try again

My life