New SSD

ShiroiTenshi

Hello. Today I upgraded my laptop from HDD to SSD but I have one concern or it's not really a concern I just want to know. I added an image of my old HDD and it has 4 pins on the right side which I don't have on the SSD can anyone explain why are there 4 pins what are they for and is it fine that I no longer have them on SSD?IMG_0228.thumb.JPG.cb74b758ba212c62da644b9b3100b261.JPG

they are just jumper pins and most modern hdds dont use them anymore in fact only brand i have bought recently has been toshiba same as yours never seen an ssd with them but you dont actually have a jumper on there so it shouldnt really matter . they used to be there to pick whether it was a master or slave drive. i think i remeber reading somewhere that it can also decide if it was sata 1.5gb or 3gb

6 minutes ago, Wonders3004 said:

they are just jumper pins and most modern hdds dont use them anymore in fact only brand i have bought recently has been toshiba same as yours never seen an ssd with them but you dont actually have a jumper on there so it shouldnt really matter . they used to be there to pick whether it was a master or slave drive. i think i remeber reading somewhere that it can also decide if it was sata 1.5gb or 3gb

Thank you!

Just now, ShiroiTenshi said:

Thank you!

No problem, when i bought a toshiba 5tb it had the same 4 pins on it and i remember wondering the same thing