Laptop wont install anything other then Ubuntu

Ive been struggling with this odd problem recently, I installed ubuntu on a laptop for a friend of mine, and it dident play well with the wifi card in the computer, and so we ditched the idea of Linux. Problem is I started to install windows, it gave me the gpt HDD format error, I used the usual workaround ( shift f10 , then format using diskpart etc ) Now the issue is while doing that the OS has been wiped clean. But it will no longer see my windows install USB. Same with Linux mint, it gives me a PXE-E61 Media test failure, please check cable

then followed by a 

PXE M0F  Exiting PXE ROM.

A Strange thing is it still reads a ubuntu install and live usb, but again as stated earlier wont read a mint usb or a windows usb, both freshly made. ( ALthough I am using the same usb for both mint and windows )

8 minutes ago, Matapatapa said:

Ive been struggling with this odd problem recently, I installed ubuntu on a laptop for a friend of mine, and it dident play well with the wifi card in the computer, and so we ditched the idea of Linux. Problem is I started to install windows, it gave me the gpt HDD format error, I used the usual workaround ( shift f10 , then format using diskpart etc ) Now the issue is while doing that the OS has been wiped clean. But it will no longer see my windows install USB. Same with Linux mint, it gives me a PXE-E61 Media test failure, please check cable

then followed by a 

PXE M0F  Exiting PXE ROM.

A Strange thing is it still reads a ubuntu install and live usb, but again as stated earlier wont read a mint usb or a windows usb, both freshly made. ( ALthough I am using the same usb for both mint and windows )

Wipe your disk in the setup and install normally, and the installation will work properly.

Context Matters!

4 minutes ago, TechQuest said:

Wipe your disk in the setup and install normally, and the installation will work properly.

I did when I changed over to mint on the same usb, Lilinuix usb creator has a format fat32 option. 

the drive reads fine on other systems though. 

Im making another Mint stick on a other usb i have lying around. Ill get back to you guys in 15. 

21 hours ago, Matapatapa said:

Ill get back to you guys in 15. 

Inb4 21 hours go by. 

On 31/07/2017 at 1:40 AM, fpo said:

Inb4 21 hours go by. 

Lol , im back. Im a nocturnal animal so....my sense of time is broken. Anyway, I changed the usb and it seems to manage to boot to ubuntu ( I installed it again ) but strangely enough I just see the ubuntu logo...then black. 

No idea whats going on. Thought that reinstalling buntu would fix the boot sector.