Mineral Oil Aquarium PC

I was really interested in a mineral oil PC after seeing your videos and I am well aware of the difficulty that goes along with it. I am still curious, however, and I was wondering if anyone knew a good case or fish tank that can be built in for this. I'm asking because the Puget Systems case was shut down due to copyright and I am not that aware of good fish tanks. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know... thanks. 

basically any larger size fishtank will work, just go to the pet store.

butits not really about the difficulty, its the maintenence that goes with it. and the understanding that any component that you take out of it, cant be used for over 2 weeks.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Just now, Tsuki said:

basically any larger size fishtank will work, just go to the pet store.

butits not really about the difficulty, its the maintenence that goes with it. and the understanding that any component that you take out of it, cant be used for over 2 weeks.

Thanks... and I get its definitely difficult and a pain to take care of, but I'm definitely willing to go ahead and do that. 

5 minutes ago, theron15 said:

I was really interested in a mineral oil PC after seeing your videos and I am well aware of the difficulty that goes along with it. I am still curious, however, and I was wondering if anyone knew a good case or fish tank that can be built in for this. I'm asking because the Puget Systems case was shut down due to copyright and I am not that aware of good fish tanks. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know... thanks. 

Another question is how to mount the motherboard?

3 minutes ago, theron15 said:

Another question is how to mount the motherboard?

depends on how you wanna do it. i suggest getting some standoffs and setting them into a piece of plexi, mount the motherboard to that, and suspend it in the tank.

also you want to keep anything rubber out of the oil, itll eat it, then you end up with particulate floating around breaking shit

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Just now, Tsuki said:

depends on how you wanna do it. i suggest getting some standoffs and setting them into a piece of plexi, mount the motherboard to that, and suspend it in the tank.

also you want to keep anything rubber out of the oil, itll eat it, then you end up with particulate floating around breaking shit

Thanks for the advice... I will definitely remember to keep that in mind. My real question is what people would recommend as the "best way" to mount. Thanks again. 

Just now, theron15 said:

Thanks for the advice... I will definitely remember to keep that in mind. My real question is what people would recommend as the "best way" to mount. Thanks again. 

a sheet of plexi, preferably with a few chunks bent over the top to hook on and hold it near the wall of the tank, use regular mobo standoffs as mentioned above and...I think that's it

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Just now, Cyracus said:

a sheet of plexi, preferably with a few chunks bent over the top to hook on and hold it near the wall of the tank, use regular mobo standoffs as mentioned above and...I think that's it

Thanks a lot dude

An acrylic tank would be ideal but if you do get a glass one just be sure to get a sealant that is mineral oil compatible, regular silicone that is commonly used will work but not for long term. 

-Moved to Liquid and Exotic Cooling- 

Just now, W-L said:

An acrylic tank would be ideal but if you do get a glass one just be sure to get a sealant that is mineral oil compatible, regular silicone that is commonly used will work but not for long term. 

-Moved to Liquid and Exotic Cooling- 

Thanks a lot do you have any specific recommendations. 

1 minute ago, theron15 said:

Thanks a lot do you have any specific recommendations. 

There are a lot of options it just depends on what you have available and what will fit in terms of size and shape, especially with acrylic tanks. 

Just now, W-L said:

There are a lot of options it just depends on what you have available and what will fit in terms of size and shape, especially with acrylic tanks. 

ATX motherboard and Im open to anything

4 minutes ago, theron15 said:

ATX motherboard and Im open to anything

I've seen this one used a fair bit for it's small size but your going to want to plan the layout, it was the same one pudget used to manufacture for and the tank luke had. 

http://www.petsmart.com/fish/supplies/aquariums-and-stands/aquariums/marineland-3-gallon-nook-aquarium-system-17291.html?cgid=300065

Just now, W-L said:

I've seen this one used a fair bit for it's small size but your going to want to plan the layout, it was the same one pudget used to manufacture for and the tank luke had. 

http://www.petsmart.com/fish/supplies/aquariums-and-stands/aquariums/marineland-3-gallon-nook-aquarium-system-17291.html?cgid=300065

Thanks!

Would it be possible to run the system with an i7-7700 and gtx 1060 without an external radiator?

3 minutes ago, theron15 said:

Would it be possible to run the system with an i7-7700 and gtx 1060 without an external radiator?

No, for any oil cooled system you need a radiator or some method of dissipating the heat out of the oil itself. If you have a tank with enough surface area or heatsinking as the tank that can work. 

Here's an example of that: