Random FPS dips in VRmark

Pcinacan
Go to solution Solved by Pcinacan,

I found the issue. I have 2x 8gb sticks of ripjaws and 4 gb of hyperx. I took the hyperx out and now i am not getting the dips. 

Captureubjh.PNG

I was doing a test on VRmark and i keep seeing the fps drop for half a second and then come back. Is anyone else having this issue?

fps dips.PNG

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

Becase you have a 970, that's minimum for like every VR game 

My old 390x did the same thing 

you are running it on the minimum requirement, some dips will be expected. 

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

you are running it on the minimum requirement, some dips will be expected. 

I would just expect lower not random spikes, also its the "Recommended PC Specs" thank you very much 

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

1 minute ago, Pcinacan said:

I would just expect lower not random spikes, also its the "Recommended PC Specs" thank you very much 

No, 970 is minimum when you look at actual games. Only ones that aren't is like adventure Time becase it's a game where you watch over the world in VR but play it like a normal platformer with a controller. 

And using a VR frps mark thing will only be worse.

It's normal for your GPU don't worry you can still play VR just fine 

1 minute ago, GrayZ said:

No, 970 is minimum when you look at actual games. Only ones that aren't is like adventure Time becase it's a game where you watch over the world in VR but play it like a normal platformer with a controller. 

And using a VR frps mark thing will only be worse.

It's normal for your GPU don't worry you can still play VR just fine 

my computer is special. One example is it will get 3 mh/s on eth mining. so i was just checking to see if it was normal.

1 minute ago, Pcinacan said:

my computer is special. One example is it will get 3 mh/s on eth mining. so i was just checking to see if it was normal.

While everychip is different all cards perform around the same threshold. 

I have no problem in VR on the HTC Vive. Only some drops in like airzona sunshine when stuff is loading in. (Not ram issue I have 16gb) that's when I had my 390x and that's just a little faster then the 970

I found the issue. I have 2x 8gb sticks of ripjaws and 4 gb of hyperx. I took the hyperx out and now i am not getting the dips. 

Captureubjh.PNG