Hard drive partition question

Hello forum.  I have a quick question regarding hard drives and partition.  I have a 1tb hdd that is partitioned with 250gb split off as a boot drive(c: drive), and the rest being data(a: drive).  I would like to get another 1tb drive.  I'm hoping that I can expand the 250gb boot drive to the rest of the original drive, and transfer the a: drive's data to the new 1 tb drive. This way I would have 1tb as a boot drive, and a 1 tb boot drive. Is this possible?

Should be easy.  Just transfer the files to the new drive, then delete the second partition.  Then expand the boot partition to take all the space on the old drive.  It can be done using Disk Manager in Windows, or any number of other tools.

For messing with the boot partition, you might want to use something more advanced like MiniTool Partition Wizard. I'm not sure if Disk Manager can handle it while in Windows, though using the Command Prompt, you can probably make it reboot the system(or even Disk Manager by default might prompt it). The neat thing about MiniTool Partition Wizard is that you can make changes visually all you want, but nothing will actually change until you hit the Apply button, and the interface IMO is more user-friendly. 

For actually transferring the files, it should be fairly straightforward, but if you have media files on the data partition, programs might have to be pointed to the new drive/partition(MusicBee, iTunes, etc). 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch