Hey guys

I am having issues overclocking my new 7700k on my asus 9 code mobo. I try to use the preset 5ghz oc profile, I have set oc ai to manual and increased the multiplier beyond the 4.2ghz stock, but when I boot into windows I am not seeing an oc at all. It is showing the max core speed of 4.2ghz and will not budge. I have attached some proof of this. Thanks in advance.

ai suite 3 proof.PNG

cpuz proof.PNG

I found the issue, it was a pebkac error. I became too overjoyed with the new build I completely forgot to install the chipset driver I found out this with the help of asus's wonderful support. now I'm rocking over 5ghz.

Good job solving it. Really though I would OC it yourself. The presets and auto OC tend to crank the voltage up when there is no need. Do it yourself and get a better OC and drop the temp some. The 7700k definitely needs all the help it can get with temps when OC.

i5 6600k @ 4.4ghz on Hyper 212 Evo

Powercolor RX 480 8Gb Red Devil @1330Mhz

Bottom line:  Don't be a spaz or an 800lb gorilla when installing your expensive CPU, and you won't have any problems. --Phate.exe

Thanks for that. Honestly I did try the oc manually at first. When that did not work I tried using the presets. Now I am manually overclocking. It is kinda weird to be able to push past the 5ghz mark. So I am taking very slow.

time spy 5ghz test 1.PNG