Trippel screen issue, help?

Go to solution Solved by Rothfox,
15 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

havent seen/heard of that either. my experience with tripple screen is quite litteraly plug and play(and then move everything to where you want it and still end up with loads of un used space because its just way too much lol)

Yeah, same.. until now ive never had any issue with multi screen setups :P i "kindof" solved the problem. i i switched one of the DP cables for a Hdmi cable (scimmed that from a post when i was looking for similar issues) and that actually worked for me. i now do have the full resolution on all the monitors and can set them up for surround (Y) 

8 hours ago, shawnhovde said:

Thx bud, by the look of it i'm well above the req. Anyway it worked out with 2xDP and 1xHdmi 

Hello!

Just got myself 3x 1080p 60hz displays for my simrig.
But im having trubble getting them all to work at once. No matter what connection i use (Dvi, Hdmi, Dp) the last screen connected to the gpu(1070 gtx) shows it has signal, but goes into power saving mode and blackscreens/turns off/go's to sleep.

Are there any settings i might have overlooked that need to be enabled to get the last screen working? 
* Drivers are up to date
* Screen Sleep mode is disabled in Power settings

CPU: i7 8700k, 4.9ghz 1.29v llc1  Motherboard: Asus Z370-i G  Ram: Trident-Z 3200mhz->3866 cl17,17,37
GPU: Strix Oc 1080ti 2075mhz  Case: aNcase M1
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500gb, x2 Raid 0 PSU: Corsair SF600 SFX
Display: Acer Predator x34 100hz 1440p  
Cooling: Celsius C24  Operating System: W10   

Check NVIDIA controll panel for what screens are connected 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

better to use DP for all 3 if you can, but as long as they are all connected, and you have windows set to extend desktop, it should span the 3 monitors. Are the 3 monitors identical models ?

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB   PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:    Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3 ~ Motherboard: Asrock E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Check NVIDIA controll panel for what screens are connected 

Well, dont really know what you want me to do here? as sayd in the Op. i do get 2 screens poping up. but the third one i connect (no matter wich one of them) does not want to show up and goes to Power saving mode :/

CPU: i7 8700k, 4.9ghz 1.29v llc1  Motherboard: Asus Z370-i G  Ram: Trident-Z 3200mhz->3866 cl17,17,37

10 minutes ago, DnFx91 said:

better to use DP for all 3 if you can, but as long as they are all connected, and you have windows set to extend desktop, it should span the 3 monitors. Are the 3 monitors identical models ?

yeah im gna test using display port for all 3. hope that works. and they are the same models yes. 

yh theres no reason that shouldnt work over DP. Check in Nvidia panel too just to make sure your card can see all 3 monitors connected

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB   PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:    Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3 ~ Motherboard: Asrock E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

21 minutes ago, Rothfox said:

Well, dont really know what you want me to do here? as sayd in the Op. i do get 2 screens poping up. but the third one i connect (no matter wich one of them) does not want to show up and goes to Power saving mode :/

Well my triple screen setup never had problems like this, restarts usually fix everything. I have one HDMI, one DVI-D dual link and one DVI-D dual link to VGA converter. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

28 minutes ago, DnFx91 said:

yh theres no reason that shouldnt work over DP. Check in Nvidia panel too just to make sure your card can see all 3 monitors connected

ikr, ive used 3 screens before (with another gpu) but it seems it doesnt want to work atm. was thinking that the aftermarket vendor gpu i use blocks out certan connections. seens ome gpus (with vr support) can only run Dvi or Hdmi. so using DP for all 3 might help. 

7 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Well my triple screen setup never had problems like this, restarts usually fix everything. I have one HDMI, one DVI-D dual link and one DVI-D dual link to VGA converter. 

12 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

yeah, it shouldent really be a problem :/ gna investigate more and test with 3 DP cables when i get home

46 minutes ago, Rothfox said:

yeah, it shouldent really be a problem :/ gna investigate more and test with 3 DP cables when i get home

Well I know that with my 970 that if you want more then 3 screens you need to use specifically some ports so something like that could be the issue? 

Builds:

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Well I know that with my 970 that if you want more then 3 screens you need to use specifically some ports so something like that could be the issue? 

it seems to have bin the issue. i now see all 3 screens. but one issue remains :/ two of the monitors are at full res 1920x1200. but the last screen only seems to want to use 640x480. and also only shows up as: Display device on: Mobile PC Display. so possebly internal firmware/driver missing? not sure

17 minutes ago, Rothfox said:

it seems to have bin the issue. i now see all 3 screens. but one issue remains :/ two of the monitors are at full res 1920x1200. but the last screen only seems to want to use 640x480. and also only shows up as: Display device on: Mobile PC Display. so possebly internal firmware/driver missing? not sure

never seen that, ever

Builds:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

never seen that, ever

I stumbled across a post that sayd something about a bios setting that enables some kind of Memory/ram for higher resolutions? im currently on one of my older systems with a 2010 mb that i cant find that setting on tho :/

25 minutes ago, Rothfox said:

I stumbled across a post that sayd something about a bios setting that enables some kind of Memory/ram for higher resolutions? im currently on one of my older systems with a 2010 mb that i cant find that setting on tho :/

havent seen/heard of that either. my experience with tripple screen is quite litteraly plug and play(and then move everything to where you want it and still end up with loads of un used space because its just way too much lol)

Builds:

Spoiler

15 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Yeah, same.. until now ive never had any issue with multi screen setups :P i "kindof" solved the problem. i i switched one of the DP cables for a Hdmi cable (scimmed that from a post when i was looking for similar issues) and that actually worked for me. i now do have the full resolution on all the monitors and can set them up for surround (Y) 

8 hours ago, shawnhovde said:

Thx bud, by the look of it i'm well above the req. Anyway it worked out with 2xDP and 1xHdmi 

10 hours ago, Rothfox said:

with the release of the 1080ti they finally removed the requirement of using one dvi port