AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Overclocking

Personally I always had higher overclocks with Asrock boards, Gigabyte is ok, MSI very inconsistent, asus is pretty good.

If you go with the B350, get yourself the Fatal1ty model. 

15 hours ago, Tjklehto said:

I've been testing my Ryzen 5 1600 for about a week now with this setup: ryzen 5 1600+Coolermaster 212 evo+ga-ab350g+ddr4 16gb 3000MHz. Gotta say I'm impressed! I'm now running multiplier 40,25 with 1,344V and run 12hours of aida64 + 2 days on normal use(gaming etc.) without problems and the heat stays around 60C. With only 1,344V running this with the stock cooler might be possible.. maybe.

I gave up with Ryzen, now I'm waiting for Pinnacle Ridge. But that's good to know, since I'll probably get a 4-core model and overclock it a bit, so voltages shouldn't be a problem with something less power-hungry than a 6-core 1600. Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.

12 hours ago, SliceT said:

Personally I always had higher overclocks with Asrock boards, Gigabyte is ok, MSI very inconsistent, asus is pretty good.

If you go with the B350, get yourself the Fatal1ty model. 

As I said just before, I'm waiting for Pinnacle Ridge now. I'll probably get an Asus motherboard, or maybe a MSI one, but just for the looks, as I want a theme for my build.