Using two quadro cards

I have a workstation with the following config, 

Lenovo D20 board

2x Xeon X5670

16 GB RAM

Quadro 600

And I know Quadro 600 is a bad choice of card for the setup, but thats what I could really afford. I recently started using Unreal Engine 4 to learn game development and I've noticed that most of the times the memory is filled up. The 1 GB memory is less and since I run a monitor off it, some memory is used there as well. I have an old spare Quadro FX 1500 (actually a bunch of them) lying around. Can I use it to drive my monitor and Quadro 600 to render/ do the rest of the work. 

I have a dual boot setup of win 10 and ubuntu 16.04

im confused, are you asking for a quadro recommendation or are you asking if its ok to use 2 quadros?

You can easily use 2 quadros both same and different. Quadro cards have features that geforce doesnt in drivers which you can exploit by mixing both quadro and geforce.

4 minutes ago, System Error Message said:

im confused, are you asking for a quadro recommendation or are you asking if its ok to use 2 quadros?

You can easily use 2 quadros both same and different. Quadro cards have features that geforce doesnt in drivers which you can exploit by mixing both quadro and geforce.

Sorry, I accidentally pressed enter and couldn't post my entire query.

you can render with a different quadro card. Simply open nvidia control panel, head over to 3D settings, global. For openGL rendering, select the GPUs you want to take part.

You could however have a geforce card to render rather than quadro if you need more speed and vram that the quadro doesnt have  (normally quadro has more vram).

Just know that using a different card to render requires having lots of PCie lanes for good performance, though this may not be a thing. In the past i could play some games on my thinkpad's eGPU using the laptop screen because it was in openGL. laptop has quadro, eGPU was geforce, i had the eGPU render and send back to laptop screen (this option is only available to quadros).

8 hours ago, rrubberr said:

I believe that Unreal Engine 4 only supports using the display adapter (e.g. the card that the monitor is plugged into) for rendering onscreen.

if using openGL, having a quadro in the PC lets you set which GPU to render openGL on.