Apple iPhone 5C outsells the Galaxy S4 in India?

snowComet

PhoneArena reported, sales of iPhone 5c in India has improved a lot due to a trade-in program Apple offered, which customers could have a discount up to $208 in purchasing the 5c, and turns the 5c into a budget iPhone (sort off). Meanwhile Samsung is not doing well in India with their S4.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Apple-iPhone-5C-outsells-the-Galaxy-S4-in-India_id49734

I have doubts on the credibility of the sources of this article. 5c could outsell the s4? I really doubt that...

and Apple should have launched this trade off program when they launched the 5c....

iPhone 5C is quite the budget oriented phone of all the iPhone's currently on the market/discontinued. I really don't like it. With the S4 its ugly still in my opinion.

I can't really dispute why the 5C outsold the S4. 

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

I wonder how many in India uses the Iphone and Android phone. Any one got some numbers?

I'm still running on my core i7-920

@Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD3R @GPU: GTX 560 @Memory: 16GB1600C9 @Storage: X25-M 80GB & 330 120GB * Caviar Green 2TB @Screen: Acer H223HQ

@Case: Antec P180B -EU * Jou Jye 480AUBA * 2x NF-S12A FLX @Peripherals: CM Storm QuickFire TK Blue - Rearranged Svorak * MX518 @Sound: Beresford TC-7520 DAC * ATH-M40 fs

TBh i am not surprised as it is a budget phone compared to the s4 and well not to offend anyone there but not everyone can afford a flagship phone over there when compared to a first world country where flagship phones are the norm

Many indians are apple fanboys, i know because most of them are related to me.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Huehuehue, reverse in every other country though.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Apple product = status symbol in India. That's probably why.

I have read somewhere that Indian phone market is currently:

33% Samsung

22% Micromax

17% Nokia

9%  apple

8% HTC

6% LG

5% others

iPhone 5C is quite the budget oriented phone of all the iPhone's currently on the market/discontinued. I really don't like it. With the S4 its ugly still in my opinion.

I can't really dispute why the 5C outsold the S4. 

Nope, the 5c costs just as much as the S4 when bought out right. The 5c is to the 5s as the 4S to the 5. 

I have read somewhere that Indian phone market is currently:

33% Samsung

22% Micromax

17% Nokia

9%  apple

8% HTC

6% LG

5% others

lol. how did you remember those exact numbers? 

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Well, its not like you don't remember the approximate price of like 50 different PC compnents and their features. Or the clockspeed of them and the clocks it will reach when OCing or what the changes between the last like 5 years on CPUs and maybe more and same with GPUs.

Not a big surprise. The Galaxy S 4 is fairly old at this point, the Galaxy S 5 will probably be announced in just a few months. The iPhone 5C is probably cheaper. Having an iPhone is a status symbol. This trade-in program makes iPhones seem like a better deal. Stuff like that makes this seem fairly plausible.

Interesting to say the least. Here in Belgium, the S4 is at least 100 euros cheaper than the 5C, and I literally don't know anyone who bought a 5C.

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning

Well, its not like you don't remember the approximate price of like 50 different PC compnents and their features. Or the clockspeed of them and the clocks it will reach when OCing or what the changes between the last like 5 years on CPUs and maybe more and same with GPUs.

Good point. Still though, quite an amazing talent you have

I remembered it because i have read it in a newspaper a few days back...

I remembered it because i have read it in a newspaper a few days back...

damn, I can't even remember what I had for lunch 5 days ago

damn, I can't even remember what I had for lunch 5 days ago

Same but then I remember so much shit about mobile and server and desktop hardware. Its odd.

The iphone 5c was aimed at developing countries so it's not surprising.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|