Steam games "input not supported"

Go to solution Solved by KenjiUmino,

do you have a second pc or laptop? i had this problem a couple of times and what i did was stream the game to another computer and set the resolution remotely - the stream gets scaled to the other computers display resolution anyways so i can see menus and all that. 

different aproach would be to tell your graphics card driver to always output the monitors native resolution and scale everything internally. 

nvidia drivers -> perform scaling on: GPU

5747632d_FPVgc5K.png

amd drivers -> enable gpu scaling

gpuscaling3.jpg

Hi all,

I think I know what the problem is with my computer. It tries to run games at 1080 while my display is a 1600/900. the problem is I have no idea how to fix it. 

thanks for the help.

Intel core I5 4460, Gigabyte H97M-HD3, Gigabyte gtx 760, 8 GB corsair value ram, Thermaltake core v21, Thermaltake Smart 630W PSU

Alcatel OneTouch D5... IT WORKS!!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BxMjTW  

Farce your game to run in windowed by adding -windowed in the steam start up option for the game.

Then from there change the res then you can take that off from the launch option 

Smoking weed at the red light like its legal

Just now, HunterSkater429 said:

Farce your game to run in windowed by adding -windowed in the steam start up option for the game.

Then from there change the res then you can take that off from the launch option 

Sadly it doest not work. I can't even run any games. I don't know what happened

Intel core I5 4460, Gigabyte H97M-HD3, Gigabyte gtx 760, 8 GB corsair value ram, Thermaltake core v21, Thermaltake Smart 630W PSU

1 minute ago, Abel225 said:

Sadly it doest not work. I can't even run any games. I don't know what happened

You already tried it?

Just now, HunterSkater429 said:

You already tried it?

yes I did.

2 minutes ago, Abel225 said:

yes I did.

Then get a 1080p monitor

Or just cry like I would 

nooo. There defeinietly has to be something that can be done. Getting a new monitor? if I had the money why would I run a shitty monitor like this?

do you have a second pc or laptop? i had this problem a couple of times and what i did was stream the game to another computer and set the resolution remotely - the stream gets scaled to the other computers display resolution anyways so i can see menus and all that. 

different aproach would be to tell your graphics card driver to always output the monitors native resolution and scale everything internally. 

5747632d_FPVgc5K.png

gpuscaling3.jpg

3 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

I have a 1060. And now that you mention it it was probably steam inhome streaming that screwed my games up.

5 minutes ago, Abel225 said:

I have a 1060. And now that you mention it it was probably steam inhome streaming that screwed my games up.

possibly ... now that YOU mention it ... every time i had this problem i had in home streaming enabled.

the driver method works very well for me - my monitors are 1680x1050 (16:10) and that method allows me to run games in 1920x1080 should it be needed. 

11 hours ago, HunterSkater429 said:

would border less work in this scenario?

Be Vigilant or Jump Off

• 3 years later...
On 7/17/2017 at 10:29 PM, HunterSkater429 said:

HI, at first i thought it works, but after many seconds it says "input not supported" so for the real solution we got here is after the rust loadings press ALT + ENTER to make it window mode. then it'll work after so you can change it into your original resolution.

Hopes this will helps you.