Dying monitor

Flowey

Well I think y'all gonna be telling me it's dying, but yeah, my AOC G2460PF started doing these weird popping noises, distoring the image on display and black bars keep spawning and flashing my ass all over. I think it's dying. It's plugged in via display port and I've tried reseating GPU's DP cable, evrything I could thing off. Oh yeah, and it's also randomly shutting down, like no image, every 30 seconds or so. I'm typing this on it's last legs I believe. Am I right, is it dying?

3 minutes ago, Flowey said:

weird popping noises, distoring the image on display and black bars keep spawning and flashing my ass all over

I don't think normal working monitors are intended to flash your ass all over so yes, I think you're right that it is dying. If you need any help picking a new one, let me know

Just now, SCGazelle said:

I don't think normal working monitors are intended to flash your ass all over so yes, I think you're right that it is dying. If you need any help picking a new one, let me know

Uggggh this sucks man, only had this one for 14 months, ain't there a guarentee for this shit? I'm gonna go read the manual

Though if I was to check for a replacement, is HDR something worth looking into?

1 minute ago, Flowey said:

Uggggh this sucks man, only had this one for 14 months, ain't there a guarentee for this shit? I'm gonna go read the manual

You could try contacting AOC or your retailer but I doubt they'll be helpful.

1 minute ago, Flowey said:

Though if I was to check for a replacement, is HDR something worth looking into?

Right now? No, unless you have the money but there are better setups that you could buy for the price.

1 minute ago, SCGazelle said:

Right now? No, unless you have the money but there are better setups that you could buy for the price.

Yeah AOC costumer service seems like shit, from reviews. Fuck it, I'm unpluggin it, can't keep using it. At least I've got a another one, not 1080p though... Back to 720p it is!

4 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

Acer was actually really chill with me. they replaced my panel for free (only paid $20 shipping) about 8 months after I bought it. 

EDIT: no idea about AOC tho

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

9 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

Acer was actually really chill with me. they replaced my panel for free (only paid $20 shipping) about 8 months after I bought it. 

Yeah AOC sucks dick. Had to battle my way for 2 months before they replaces my first panel, doubt I'll be able to get another one after 14 months

21 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

24 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

Hey boys you think I can get anything from this? Was listed on the Newegg.ca product page

Limited Warranty period (parts): 3 years

Limited Warranty period (labor): 3 years

11 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

Looks like that's an AOC thing. I would check first with Newegg just in case before you submit yourself to AOC's customer support.

Sell my soul to AOC you mean. Monday can't come fast enough