Mouse often double clicks when pressing the mouse button once.

Senzelian

I have a really weird problem with my mouse - or maybe with the operating system. I actually don't even know.

In around 50% of cases when I click the left mouse button once, the mouse registers that click as a double click.

I have this problem now for maybe a month, because I first thought it was a problem within Chrome. Then I also noticed it in other programs such as Steam.

The mouse I currently use is a Razer Deathadder 2013. No, it has nothing to do with it beeing a Razer mouse, because I also tried two other mice - a Mionix NAOS 7000 and a Logitech M325 and the same problem occurs there too.

What I noticed is, that the second mouse click registers as soon as I release the mouse button.

1. Click - Press mouse button in
  2. Click - Release mouse button

Hopefully someone can help me, as this becoms really annoying <.<

I have a Razer mouse as well, it sometimes does that to me if I am not fast enough or precise enough with my clicks. I think it has something to do with either the switches or the actual plastic of the button that is wearing out causing clicks to be registered more easily.聽

21 minutes ago, zMeul said:

it's the microswitches

I started buying new ones to replace them

10 minutes ago, DarkDragon2 said:

its the microswitch buy a new mouse :)

聽old razer mouse with dodgy microswitches - totally聽possible聽... but ...聽

24 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

I also tried two other mice - a Mionix NAOS 7000 and a Logitech M325 and the same problem occurs there too.

microswitches on three mice getting faulty at the same time? not very likely to happen

29 minutes ago, zMeul said:

it's the microswitches

I started buying new ones to replace them

27 minutes ago, Septimus said:

I have a Razer mouse as well, it sometimes does that to me if I am not fast enough or precise enough with my clicks. I think it has something to do with either the switches or the actual plastic of the button that is wearing out causing clicks to be registered more easily.聽

18 minutes ago, DarkDragon2 said:

its the microswitch buy a new mouse :)

Yes, they must be bad on all three mice.

The DeathAdder is from 2014, the Mionix from 2016 and the Logitech from 2017
I am sure, that a new mouse would have the exact same problem.

I have found a program that stops this weird behavior, but its not really a long term solution...

22 hours ago, KenjiUmino said:

microswitches on three mice getting faulty at the same time? not very likely to happen

they are shit

the OMRON microswitches, from last 5-10 years have gotten very worse - new mouse, switches started double clicking in the 1st 6 months, RMA; 2nd mouse, new, same exact thing

instead or RMAing I bought my own switches

---

after double clicking they will also start to misclick - meaning that when you have the button pressed it would sometimes interrupt

---

seems like OMRON has ditched the shit design聽and replaced it with a new type that requires higher actuation force; the leaf blade spring thing has different geometry; they also sound differently