audio from gpu instead of speakers

Zuhair Ishraque

Ok so i installed my new gpu today. it's an evga geforce gtx 1050. when i was installing the drivers for it, there was an option that said to install audio drivers. so i did. after that the sound has been coming from my gpu instead of my speakers, since graphics cards can also output sound. so is there any way to make my speakers the default audio output?

Thanks!

right click the speaker icon on task bar, goto playback devices, select speakers and select as default speakers

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Windows 7-10:

Go into the start menu and type in "Sound." From playback, test each device to see which one is the one you want. After that, right click and choose "Set as default device" and "Set as default communication device" as they're different for no good reason. You might have to reboot for this to apply everywhere.

Mac OS:

Go into settings, choose sound, and select the device you want. It might be a little different depending on your version.

Do you mean the sound is coming from the monitors connected to the gpu? 

I'd be pretty amazed if the sound is coming out of your gpu xD

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 hour ago, RKRiley said:

Do you mean the sound is coming from the monitors connected to the gpu? 

I'd be pretty amazed if the sound is coming out of your gpu xD

the sound is coming from my gpu

Ok guys i got it figured out. I didn't even plug my speakers into my computer. That's why it wasnt working. anyways guys, thanks for the help

27 minutes ago, Zuhair Ishraque said:

the sound is coming from my gpu

That's not possible. A graphics card cannot have sound coming from it, it has no speakers. 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

57 minutes ago, Zuhair Ishraque said:

yes it is possible. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/326345-33-does-hdmi-video-card-sound

go to that link

read the reply from the guy named "jaguarskx"

That's not what he is saying. The actual source of noise is coming from the monitor speakers right, the noise is not coming out of the GPU, right?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

22 hours ago, spwath said:

That's not what he is saying. The actual source of noise is coming from the monitor speakers right, the noise is not coming out of the GPU, right?

no i promise that the sound is coming from my gpu. i literally went next to it and sound came.