PC under-performing?

dwang040

First, I do want to point out that benchmarks aren't a great way of testing performance, but all I can say is that something is not right with my cpu, gpu and hard drive. 

benchmark: http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/4287675

I mean, my cpu is on the very low side of 7700k. Yes, it isn't overclocked, but looking at other benchmarks, others who have no overclocked are doing much better than I am. My gpu also seems on the low side, given that it's base clock is 1.72ghz with an 85mhz overclock + 400mhz memory overclock. And my hard drive, i've tested it before with the same benchmark, has dropped from 90 percentile to 45 percentile. Sure, when I reached 90 percentile, I probably only used about 200-300gb of storage, and now, i'm just under 500gb. But I find it hard to believe that 200gb increase would ruin the performance by that much. Am I missing something? Programs that i'm running that are slowing my pc down? I've done scans with malwarebytes and bitdefender, and there's nothing wrong with my files. I don't run hardware monitoring stuff, other than evga precision x for that overclock. The application is minimized during the tests. Or did I just get super unlucky with the silicon lottery... 

send us a cinebench score 

and ssd's scores can diminish somewhat the more capacity is used up

1 minute ago, Oryzaki said:

Sure thing. Let me install it, run the benchmarks, and i'll post the results. 

28 minutes ago, Oryzaki said:

and ssd's scores can diminish somewhat the more capacity is used up

I ran the tests, and this is what I got: 

f794d2069d.png

I want to point out that I ran the test again a few time with the gpu, and the results were 133fps, then 131 fps and finally 128 fps... They got worse and worse. Temps were fine, as the gpu stayed at 40-42C, the clock speed was a stable 1721mhz.

Unigine Heaven benchmarks as well.

4b6b3954e1.png

My ssd score has increased a bit for some reason since my last test. It's mainly my hard drive that's diminished. 

Those scores are on par and above most 7700k you have nothing to worry about the Userbenchmark is often inaccurate. 

Just now, Oryzaki said:

Those scores are on par and above most 7700k you have nothing to worry about the first Userbenchmark is often inaccurate. 

Okay, that's not bad then. What about the gpu scores? I feel like those are on the low side considering the already high base clock, but not too sure. If userbenchmark is inaccurate, I'm still suprised that I dropped so much compared to my first test that I took less than a month ago. 

Just now, dwang040 said:

Okay, that's not bad then. What about the gpu scores? I feel like those are on the low side considering the already high base clock, but not too sure. If userbenchmark is inaccurate, I'm still suprised that I dropped so much compared to my first test that I took less than a month ago. 

I t dropped my score from 90th percentile to 56th less than a minute after the first test it's just not a reliable benchmark. 

Just now, WereCat said:

It's good

Okay, thanks for the confirmation

Just now, Oryzaki said:

I t dropped my score from 90th percentile to 56th less than a minute after the first test it's just not a reliable benchmark. 

Jeez, that's a pretty big drop. Alright, if that's the case, I won't let those numbers bother me too much then. Thanks!