Vive feels front heavy

DarkKnightVFX

Title says it all. No matter how far I put the back strap back I always experience the front being heavy. If I make it tighter it's decent but then it squeezes and hurts my face. (I have glasses if that makes a difference)

I posted this yesterday but no one replied. I'm getting frustrated, i've spent at least an hour trying to figure out what the heck i'm doing wrong here. 

because it is ? maybe look into getting the deluxe headstrap? I've tried a friends vive but I personally have a rift. Maybe try and make a mod for it so it cradles the back of your head a bit more? I would also try reddit.com/r/vive instead probably a bit more helpful for this stuff. Could try and add weights to the back to try and counter it ? I didn't really have an issue with it but I only used it for about 15 minutes so I haven't had extended play time with it. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

4 minutes ago, JabroniBaloney said:

That's how physics work. The mass is in the front. Of course that will happen.

Not much other people have even complained about this. I feel like I could lean forward and the whole thing would come off.

Just now, DarkKnightVFX said:

Not much other people have even complained about this. I feel like I could lean forward and the whole thing would come off.

Maybe they realized that would be a thing.

3 minutes ago, JabroniBaloney said:

Maybe they realized that would be a thing.

Not if the headset was going to fall off. Even when my dad and brother demo'd my vive they had the same complaint. (and they have used one before)

1 minute ago, DarkKnightVFX said:

Not if the headset was going to fall off. Even when my dad and brother demo'd my vive they had the same complaint. (and they have used one before)

Try reducing gravity.

Just now, JabroniBaloney said:

Try reducing gravity.

Can you stop being a smart ass? I'm trying to resolve a potentially simple issue and you're not helping by pointing out the obvious. This is an actual problem that very likely has a solution.

4 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Do you have a small head?

I couldn't really say for sure. I mean, when i got the vive it seemed fine for about a week. I readjusted it at one point now I can't seem to find that same sweet spot.

Well, try to get some sort of soft hat you can wear under the vive. This will make it more cushioned so you can tighten it a bit more, and will increase the total area for the vive to strap to. The only downside is it will make your head warmer. If anything you can possibly try a headband?