CPU overheating

so im trying to turn my pc on and it wouldnt turn on. went to bios and it said my CPU was 100 degrees. currently im blowing a fan into it with the side panel off just so i can type this lol. ive got a kraken x62, 6700k, gtx 1080, 16gb corsair ram and a gaming m5 MSI mobo incase you need to know. im assuming its a x62 problem but it isnt out of place or moving.

Thanks for the help

Is there any thermal paste on your CPU-CPU cooler? Is the fan on your cooler working at its proper speed?

Your using your pc with the cpu at 100 degrees.....  you live on the edge my friend. TURN THAT THING OFF NOW!

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

Times like these you should turn the PC off and use a phone. Regardless I would assume you either forgot Thermal paste, forgot to plug in the pump, or the pump is broken.

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

Just now, Moress said:

Times like these you should turn the PC off and use a phone. Regardless I would assume you either forgot Thermal paste, forgot to plug in the pump, or the pump is broken.

I've seen AIO's with the pump unplugged and just the fan going get better temps than that. I dont think its making contact with the block.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

3 minutes ago, ltguy said:

I've seen AIO's with the pump unplugged and just the fan going get better temps than that. I dont think its making contact with the block.

True, the water and block should absorb some of the heat when its first starting at least. I would vote you touch the block and see if its warm. If the CPU is at 100 the block should be very hot to the touch if its transferring any heat at all.

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

I've had my aio in for half a year with no problems. This all started happening about an hour ago where suddenly it just shot up to 100 degrees

sounds like either A) your AIO is out of liquid, or B) the pump is dead. My bet is Pump is dead which happens quite frequently with AIOs unfortunately. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

The cooling block isnt very hot to the touch, in par to the fact I have a fan running on with the side panel off. Parts around the gpu are hot though like the RAM and mobo heat spreaders (obviously)

Just now, legacy99 said:

sounds like either A) your AIO is out of liquid, or B) the pump is dead. My bet is Pump is dead which happens quite frequently with AIOs unfortunately. 

Any indication of the pump being dead? 

1 minute ago, Cjhalgmad said:

Any indication of the pump being dead? 

Put your hand on it, you should feel a slight vibration from it. Try and get into your BIOS and see if there is any RPMs being read from the header it is plugged into. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

I had this happen once with my Corsair Hydro, I ended up having to take it apart and resolder the pump connector.

The pump could also be stuck, try taking the AIO off and shaking the pump/waterblock a little.

Just now, legacy99 said:

Put your hand on it, you should feel a slight vibration from it. Try and get into your BIOS and see if there is any RPMs being read from the header it is plugged into. 

Quickly checked CAM software and 0 RPM from pump. Well fuck. Thanks for the help guys I'll see if theres out I can do 

Just now, Cjhalgmad said:

Quickly checked CAM software and 0 RPM from pump. Well fuck. Thanks for the help guys I'll see if theres out I can do 

Yep, pump is dead. Try and open a warranty with NZXT if you have only had it for 6 months. It should still be under warranty. Make sure you have the original receipt from when you bought it as well for proof if you did not register it for warranty at the time of purchase with NZXT. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

I Would try, taking the cpu cooler off.... and then reapplying thermal paste and making sure you put it on right

What thermal paste you using?

EDIT: Didn't read other comments (This answer wont help, for this situation)

Edited by JourneyPlayz
Didn't read other comments

Just now, JourneyPlayz said:

I Would try, taking the cpu cooler off.... and then reapplying thermal paste and making sure you put it on right

What thermal paste you using?

If they're getting 0 RPM on the pump, thermal paste isn't going to make any difference.

Just now, Alec M said:

If they're getting 0 RPM on the pump, thermal paste isn't going to make any difference.

Yeah ik... when i just finished writing my post.. You posted yours xD

7 minutes ago, MrJarhead said:

have you tried another fan header for the pump? could just be that its gone faulty.

I don't have any laying around. It's the first pc I've built (mostly). I gonna take it out, see if I can get a replacement with amazon, thats where I bought it. Thanks again guys.

Just now, Cjhalgmad said:

I don't have any laying around. It's the first pc I've built (mostly). I gonna take it out, see if I can get a replacement with amazon, thats where I bought it. Thanks again guys.

of course you do, unplug a fan and try it in that header...

6 minutes ago, MrJarhead said:

of course you do, unplug a fan and try it in that header...

It's been a long day. I had no idea wtf you were talking about lol. Ok yeah I'll try a different mobo header lol sorry for being retarded xD 

1 hour ago, Cjhalgmad said:

It's been a long day. I had no idea wtf you were talking about lol. Ok yeah I'll try a different mobo header lol sorry for being retarded xD 

its ok mate, we all have our days :D 

8 hours ago, MrJarhead said:

its ok mate, we all have our days :D 

Ok, so I left it for the night to see if anything would happen. When I turned my pc on this morning all is seeming good. CAM shows pump rpm at about 1600. The cpu core clock was jumping but I've set it to 4.6ghz at 1.3V. If my PC explodes, I'll let yous know for enjoyment :)