PC for a programmer/gamer :)

Edwinke

Hello,soo I want to build  a new PC, around 1K-1.2K$, I'm usually  making games in unity and I play games.Please let me know what do you think :)

Motherboard :  ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING - 152$

CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 1700X - 434.62$    or AMD Ryzen 7 1800X -553.47$ if somehow we can make some space for it :)

RAM : Corsair Vengeance Red LED 2x8GB DDR4, 2666MHz, CL16, -149.63$

SSD : Just the cheapest ssd on the market  60$  NOTE: I already have a HDD Seagate Barracuda 2TB, 7200rpm 

PSU : Thermaltake Litepower GEN2 650W - 60$

CASE : Segotep SG-K6 Black  -40$

COOLER : SCYTHE KATANA 3 -25$  or  ID-Cooling SE-903  24$

And for the GPU it's a  MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GAMING X 4GB DDR5 128-bit  -215$   or   ASUS GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Expedition O4G 4GB DDR5 128-bit -203$

Total : 1,137$

Get an intel cpu, and consider upgrading your gpu to something like a gtx 1060 or maybe even a 1080. Right now I have a i5 4690k and a gtx 1060 6 gb and it works very well for me in games. But I would recommend a better cpu for you. 

1 minute ago, 223342_1454181628 said:

Get an intel cpu, and consider upgrading your gpu to something like a gtx 1060 or maybe even a 1080. Right now I have a i5 4690k and a gtx 1060 6 gb and it works very well for me in games. But I would recommend a better cpu for you. 

For his applications ryzen may actually be better, depending on the number of cores.

4 minutes ago, Edwinke said:

Hello,soo I want to build  a new PC, around 1K-1.2K$, I'm usually  making games in unity and I play games.Please let me know what do you think :)

Motherboard :  ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING - 152$

CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 1700X - 434.62$    or AMD Ryzen 7 1800X -553.47$ if somehow we can make some space for it :)

RAM : Corsair Vengeance Red LED 2x8GB DDR4, 2666MHz, CL16, -149.63$

SSD : Just the cheapest ssd on the market  60$  NOTE: I already have a HDD Seagate Barracuda 2TB, 7200rpm 

PSU : Thermaltake Litepower GEN2 650W - 60$

CASE : Segotep SG-K6 Black  -40$

COOLER : SCYTHE KATANA 3 -25$  or  ID-Cooling SE-903  24$

And for the GPU it's a  MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GAMING X 4GB DDR5 128-bit  -215$   or   ASUS GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Expedition O4G 4GB DDR5 128-bit -203$

Total : 1,137$

Please use pcpartpicker

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

1 minute ago, 223342_1454181628 said:

One 1060 6gb is 374$ that's expensive.

1 minute ago, RGProductions said:

For his applications ryzen may actually be better, depending on the number of cores.

Please use pcpartpicker

PcPartpicker prices are just not the ones like in my country,and I'm talking about big price issues.

3 minutes ago, Edwinke said:

One 1060 6gb is 374$ that's expensive.

Mining's driven up GPU prices. It's a bad time to buy GPUs. Also, with newer driver updates I'd actually recommend a 580. It's better than a 1060 and it's also got FreeSync. Don't buy a GPU now, wait until prices become normal.

If you're willing to overclock, you can save some money by getting an R7 1700. It'll perform as well or very close to an 1800X @ 4GHz. 

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

1 minute ago, BingoFishy said:

Mining's driven up GPU prices. It's a bad time to buy GPUs. Also, with newer driver updates I'd actually recommend a 580. It's better than a 1060 and it's also got FreeSync. Don't buy a GPU now, wait until prices become normal.

If you're willing to overclock, you can save some money by getting an R7 1700. It'll perform as well or very close to an 1800X @ 4GHz. 

Yeah with that maybe is better to wait I have an Asus r7 360 OC 2gb for now...

Get faster ram (Vengeance LPX 3000MHz C15 2*8GB) 

I am approving your motherboard choice - good choice

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

GPU prices are so very overpriced than necessary right now, it is best to wait :( 

You could also get away with a Ryzen 1700 non-X since they are the same silicon anyway, most if not all Ryzen CPUs seems to reach 3.8GHz without issues even with the stock cooler. (that is why 1800X is an absolutely waste of money)

I'd even say just get the 1700 non-X and ditch the aftermarket CPU cooler for now and use the stock cooler and invest in somewhere else like a better GPU or more storage?

I don't read the reply to my posts anymore so don't bother.

47 minutes ago, dave_k said:

This.

Ryzen loves higher Ram clock. The Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz is probably in the cheapest ram you can get with that speed (Ram price are also very high atm). Have to tell you though, more than 3000 Mhz might not be running at advertised speed on ryzen right now because of some ram issues. I have some Vengeance LPX 3200 Mhz C16, and my overclocked R7 1700X doesn't like it that much. The system isn't stable. Downclocking the Ram to 2933 Mhz is stable tho.

3 minutes ago, MushroomCake28 said:

This.

Ryzen loves higher Ram clock. The Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz is probably in the cheapest ram you can get with that speed (Ram price are also very high atm). Have to tell you though, more than 3000 Mhz might not be running at advertised speed on ryzen right now because of some ram issues. I have some Vengeance LPX 3200 Mhz C16, and my overclocked R7 1700X doesn't like it that much. The system isn't stable. Downclocking the Ram to 2933 Mhz is stable tho.

Yeah same thing with both my 1600 builds, but really not worried as its just a bios issue, it'll get ironed out soon enough. My tridentZ is running at 2400 can't get it any faster but honestly I'm not worried, a 12 thread CPU @3.8Ghz is proving to be enough grunt for me. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

10 hours ago, dave_k said:

Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Dual Channel Red LED   -178.14$   or there is a white led choice thats 5$ cheaper but then the black/red build it's gone

Or the 3000Mhz version of the red one is 170$

9 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

Yeah same thing with both my 1600 builds, but really not worried as its just a bios issue, it'll get ironed out soon enough. My tridentZ is running at 2400 can't get it any faster but honestly I'm not worried, a 12 thread CPU @3.8Ghz is proving to be enough grunt for me. 

Then you'r saying that I can buy a higher speed ram,because of the bios update that's maybe coming in the future? Like an 32000Mhz.

10 hours ago, ApolloFury said:

GPU prices are so very overpriced than necessary right now, it is best to wait :( 

You could also get away with a Ryzen 1700 non-X since they are the same silicon anyway, most if not all Ryzen CPUs seems to reach 3.8GHz without issues even with the stock cooler. (that is why 1800X is an absolutely waste of money)

I'd even say just get the 1700 non-X and ditch the aftermarket CPU cooler for now and use the stock cooler and invest in somewhere else like a better GPU or more storage?

So if i go with the non-x 1700 for 372$ it's the same like if I would go with the X version what is 451$,and I can spend that money on a better gpu or more storage?

51 minutes ago, Edwinke said:

So if i go with the non-x 1700 for 372$ it's the same like if I would go with the X version what is 451$,and I can spend that money on a better gpu or more storage?

1700X is just factory overclocked

1 hour ago, Edwinke said:

Get 1700 and better psu and cooler i recommend Corsair RM650X and for cooler be quiet pure or dark rock 3

Should I go with an Intel 7700K and not with the ryzen 7 for productivity at first place? They are at almost same price.

8 minutes ago, dave_k said:

Get 1700 and better psu and cooler i recommend Corsair RM650X and for cooler be quiet pure or dark rock 3

How much did ur rig cost in the description? And what performance do u get?

34 minutes ago, Edwinke said:

How much did ur rig cost in the description? And what performance do u get?

I can't tell you the cost since the parts in US are way cheaper, but it was like $1500 (-30% cost of the parts in US -$30 for overpriced GPU). Ryzen 5 1600 is in productivity tm. multi-threaded tasks way better than 7700K and difference in single threaded performance pretty small. I use it for gaming and the performance in 1080P is very good.

1 minute ago, dave_k said:

I can't tell you the cost since the parts in US are way cheaper, but its was like $1500 (-30% cost of the parts in US -$30 for overpriced GPU). Ryzen 5 1600 is in productivity tm. multi-threaded tasks way better than 7700K and difference in single threaded performance pretty small. I use it for gaming and the performance in 1080P is very good.

I can't buy from newegg because they don't ship to Romania fuck this shit high prices for everything in this country.Ram is twice as much as on new egg Like rly what thee..

Just now, Edwinke said:

I can't buy from newegg because they don't ship to Romania fuck this shit high prices for everything in this country.Ram is twice as much as on new egg Like rly what thee..

Here in czech rep are prices fucked over by 21% tax on everything but try order from amazon.de, the prices should be good 

1 minute ago, dave_k said:

Here in czech rep are prices fucked over by 21% tax on everything but try order from amazon.de, the prices should be good 

Hah n1 try :) Once I ordered but the sent it over post,the leds I ordered came in romania in like 6-7 days but there I wait 1 month to get the leds.Soo yeah i will probably have a computer after summer break is over..

1 minute ago, Edwinke said:

Hah n1 try :) Once I ordered but the sent it over post,the leds I ordered came in romania in like 6-7 days but there I wait 1 month to get the leds.Soo yeah i will probably have a computer after summer break is over..

Is romania in EU? Then the goods will have to go through the cell control which is pain in the ass

Just now, dave_k said:

Is romania in EU? Then the goods will have to go through the cell control which is pain in the ass

Yes is in the EU...