Tablet Virgin looking for insight

Propensity

So I have never ever ever, like ever, even considered the thought of getting a tablet before and would laugh at anyone that would try to convince me otherwise. I thought they lacked power and usability and just were not useful at all. This is coming from a guy that still sees no value in a laptop and someone who's desktop weighs 50 lbs. 

However I have begun to see usage scenarios for a tablet and want to start looking into purchasing one. First off let me say that I have that as much experience and knowledge I have on desktops and have absolutely none of that when it comes to tablets. All i know is that I have a GS4 phone so I will probably want to stick with android for the tablet. The tablet will be for recreational purposes mostly but I kind of like the idea of those attachable keyboards. At the same time I don't think that I would ever really need this for my line of work unless it had a really solid camera on it that can record high quality video (for context I am golf professional and would only really use it if I could record clients golf swings and analyze the swings with a decent amount of precision). 

I want to be able to watch streams on twitch cause that's my main source of entertainment (cause who really still has cable nowadays). Other than that I just need to learn a bunch about what tablets can do since I haven't the slightest knowledge yet so any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks and fire away

The nexus 7 2013 is an awesome 7 inch tablet and if you want something bigger you may want to wait for the Nexus 10 to launch. 

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

I will recommend two tablets, the Nexus 7 2013 and the Ipad air.

If you are happy wih a 7 inch screen the Nexus 7 2013 is a very good option.

If you want a larger display than an Ipad is the way to go.

I will recommend two tablets, the Nexus 7 2013 and the Ipad air.

If you are happy wih a 7 inch screen the Nexus 7 2013 is a very good option.

If you want a larger display than an Ipad is the way to go.

The thought of buying an apple product doesn't sound like something I want to do again. I bought a imac 5 years ago but didnt really enjoy the experience. plus I hate itunes and all that icrap for that matter. I dont really know if the 7 inch screen is big enough or not but the reviews are kinda of hit or miss for the nexus 7