Different Ram Compatability?

Go to solution Solved by Killerbenny04,
1 minute ago, MasterLow said:

Hi there, im looking to buy myself an 8gb stick of ram because ive already got 8gb in my computer, problem is, is that the stick of ram im looking for isnt available in NZ anymore due to manufacturer discontinuing the 8gb stick im looking for, so im thinking about buying myself a different 8gb ram stick with the same specs as the one i have currently in my pc. the problem is that I dont know if the 2 ram sticks will work to together a 1 unit to give 16 gb performance or if they will work as 2 individual 8gb sticks? my main objective in terms of using ram is to play games that are ram intensive like h1z1 and PUBG. thanks

You can mix every Brand, Model number.

You could also switch the MHz but than it would run at the lowest frequency of the both sticks.

Hi there, im looking to buy myself an 8gb stick of ram because ive already got 8gb in my computer, problem is, is that the stick of ram im looking for isnt available in NZ anymore due to manufacturer discontinuing the 8gb stick im looking for, so im thinking about buying myself a different 8gb ram stick with the same specs as the one i have currently in my pc. the problem is that I dont know if the 2 ram sticks will work to together a 1 unit to give 16 gb performance or if they will work as 2 individual 8gb sticks? my main objective in terms of using ram is to play games that are ram intensive like h1z1 and PUBG. thanks

1 minute ago, MasterLow said:

You could also switch the MHz but than it would run at the lowest frequency of the both sticks.

Ryzen 5 1600 Stock

Gainward GTX 1060 Stock

ASUS Prime B350 Plus

8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz Gskill

Be Quiet! 400 Watt unit

Corsair Carbite SPEC 03

My Old shitty System :

Intel Core I3 530 4x 2,93 GHz

NVIDIA GeFroce GT 330 750 MB VRAM

4 GB (2x2) Samsung DDR3

Sorry for my English. I'm from Germany !

Just now, Killerbenny04 said:

THANKS HEAPS!!!!

Should be in the Mobo, CPU, and RAM section. But I will say this: It doesn't matter. If they are both the same DDR, and same clock speeds, they will work together, and act like 16gb. However if one is faster than the other, the faster one will downclock to meet the slower ram.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2400 GPU: MSi GTX 1050 Ti 4GT OC RAM: 14GB DDR3 (3x2GB, 1x8GB) Mobo: Acer MB.GAU07.001 Case: Gateway DX4860 PSU: EVGA 600W Bronze Plus

actually you do have to check CAS and such rates or you will get "hiccups" in the memory performance

think 1 of your 4 sparkplugs in your car fires 5 out of 8 times the other plugs are 8 out of 8