Ryzen owners with CMK16GX4M2B3200C16

1 hour ago, Simon771 said:

I'm also using those RAMs

Version 5.39 ... so Hynix sadly.

It doesn't go above 2933MHz. I can run it at 2933 and CL14, but it won't post if I use 3066/3200/3400 even if I use timings between 14 and 20. Even tried 1,45V and still wouldn't wok.

So 2933MHz CL14 at 1,36V seems to be a wall for me.

Guess I will have to live with it untill Zen2 comes around ... or if Intel decided to start soldering i9 CPUs lol

I am not surprised since you have MSI mobo, the entire timings plz, i want to squeeze out every possible bit of performance

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

15 minutes ago, Vedge said:

It runs fine if I set the DOCP 3200MHz preset setting in the mobo (Prime X370 Pro) at stock 16-18-18-18-36 @1.35V and SOC voltage at 1.12500V. Running a 1600X and RAM in recommended slots (A2-B2).

It also seemed to help setting DRAM voltage to 1.36 at one point during overclocking for overall stability, but I've never seen it not post in any case.

DOCP on my B350-F strix doesn't work, i also heard someone got 3066 with stock timings.

Their stock DOCP profile has voltage 1.36V i think.

• 2 months later...

I'm using ASUS B350-F, Ryzen 5 1600 and BIOS 0902. The memory runs just fine on 3200 with some minor changes:

D.O.C.P tuning is used

DRAM voltage 1.37 (some propose 1.36, but I get memory errors using Prime95) ... original D.O.C.P tuning is 1.35 V

CAS# Latency 18 (original D.O.C.P tuning is 16)

Trcdrd 20 (original D.O.C.P tuning is 18)

Trcdwr 20 (original D.O.C.P tuning is 18)

RAS# PRE 20 (original D.O.C.P tuning is 18)

RAS# ACT 38 (original D.O.C.P tuning is 36)

Trc_CM 72 (this should be the default D.O.C.P config, thus unchanged)

Maybe some of these could have been left unchanged. I have not verified all different combinations.

These settings have been verified with CPU-Z load test, Prime95 and MEMTEST (>20 iterations). It seems stable.

The BIOS is a bit strange. I had to use the EZ overclock tuning to achieve the correct offset core voltage. With the resulting (dynamic)

core voltage it was no problem to overclock the core to 4 GHz.

53 minutes ago, DrSodomon said:

I'm using ASUS B350-F, Ryzen 5 1600 and BIOS 0902. The memory runs just fine on 3200 with some minor changes:

D.O.C.P tuning is used

DRAM voltage 1.36 (or 1.37) ... original D.O.C.P tuning is 1.35 V

CAS# Latency 18 (original D.O.C.P tuning is 16)

Trcdrd 20 (original D.O.C.P tuning is 18)

Trcdwr 20 (original D.O.C.P tuning is 18)

RAS# PRE 20 (original D.O.C.P tuning is 18)

RAS# ACT 38 (original D.O.C.P tuning is 36)

Trc_CM 72 (this should be the default D.O.C.P config, thus unchanged)

Maybe some of these could have been left unchanged. I have not verified all different combinations.

These settings have been verified with CPU-Z load test, Prime95 and MEMTEST (>20 iterations). It seems stable.

The BIOS is a bit strange. I had to use the EZ overclock tuning to achieve the correct offset core voltage. With the resulting (dynamic)

core voltage it was no problem to overclock the core to 4 GHz.

B350-F i ran 3066MHz, i am waiting for X370-F, gonna pick it up today, but the mem support should be the same.

I recommend balancing timings and speed.

2933 and C14 is fast.

3 minutes ago, dave_k said:

B350-F i ran 3066MHz, i am waiting for X370-F, gonna pick it up today, but the mem support should be the same.

2933 and C14 is fast.

You are probably right, but RAS and CAS latency is difficult to translate to speed since normal processor operation is running from L1 och L2 cash. I guess the processor very seldom stalls waiting to fill the cashes. I want the memory clock speed fast and I accept some latence penalty.

In this case I just wanted to see how fast it could run. :)

I would recommend anyone looking at Ryzen to buy the X-variants (no matter the choice of mobo) since AMD most likely screens the best devices in their fabs. The X-variants will most likely overclock better and will most likely support higher DRAM speeds. Screened devices provide better timing than any random devices. I chose the 1600 and I regret that ...

On 7/12/2017 at 3:46 AM, dave_k said:

I am not surprised since you have MSI mobo, the entire timings plz, i want to squeeze out every possible bit of performance

If you're looking for exact timings, perhaps it'd be easier to have people try Ryzen Timing Checker and post a screenshot. I found RTC last week and the only issue I've had with the program is that it's given me a few false positives with Windows Defender and Avast, but apparently it's safe. Forum Post about RTC False Positives It could be easier to use a screenshot of RTC than having people try to remember their exact timings. All they'd need to know is their dram voltage.

An example screenshot could be the following (using my kit of ram: F4-3000C15D-16GVKB)

rtc_2933_BGSd.BGSAe5.png.20eab18aeb27279a259dbf332fd0fa3c.png

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

1 hour ago, johndms said:

If you're looking for exact timings, perhaps it'd be easier to have people try Ryzen Timing Checker and post a screenshot. I found RTC last week and the only issue I've had with the program is that it's given me a few false positives with Windows Defender and Avast, but apparently it's safe. Forum Post about RTC False Positives It could be easier to use a screenshot of RTC than having people try to remember their exact timings. All they'd need to know is their dram voltage.

An example screenshot could be the following (using my kit of ram: F4-3000C15D-16GVKB)

rtc_2933_BGSd.BGSAe5.png.20eab18aeb27279a259dbf332fd0fa3c.png

the post is very old, i figured how to oc ram already

7 hours ago, dave_k said:

2933 and C14 is fast.

my kit can do 2933 c14. is that still good over 3200 c16?

1 hour ago, Technicolors said:

my kit can do 2933 c14. is that still good over 3200 c16?

Yeah, keep that

I have those rams

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0143UM4TC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16) 

v 4.24 - I think it is samsung e-die dual

I get those ram nfos from a program called thaiphoon burner. 

I have this mobo asus prime b350m-a

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-B350M-A/

My bios version is 0902

with docp 3200 profile system wont startup

I didnt try any other thing as I have no idea about bios settings

Can u please help me for running  those rams at least around 2900 or so.

snap1062017171055.png

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎06 at 4:24 PM, kucuktimu said:

I have those rams

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0143UM4TC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16) 

v 4.24 - I think it is samsung e-die dual

I get those ram nfos from a program called thaiphoon burner. 

I have this mobo asus prime b350m-a

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-B350M-A/

My bios version is 0902

with docp 3200 profile system wont startup

I didnt try any other thing as I have no idea about bios settings

Can u please help me for running  those rams at least around 2900 or so.

snap1062017171055.png

I am for sure no expert either, but I got the memory working at 3200. You have the latest BIOS version and that is good.

Change the DRAM voltage to 1.37 V (from 1.35). I also had to change CAS# Latency from 16 to 18 so I suggest that you try that as well.

Without changing the CAS# latency I had the memory running with 3066 speed.

The memory speed settings can be found just below where you pick the D.O.C.P in BIOS. The default memory speed setting is 3200 and that did not work for me without the Changes I propose (the computer did not boot properly). Without the CAS# changes I had random crashes running 3200.

You can verify your settings with cpu-z (stress cpu) and prime95. Be a bit careful with Prime95 since the processor gets really hot during some of the tests. I also used Memtest (https://www.memtest86.com/)... this needs that you create a bootable usb and for this you can use Rufus (https://rufus.akeo.ie/) if you want. In that case you pick the ISO from memtest.

I have more questions for you (DrSodomon) my friend because it is nearly impossible to find a person with exact same configuration;

Question 1 :

If I understand you correct I just chose DOCP 3200 profile and then only make the changes you talk about 

1- dram voltage to 1.37

2- cas latency to 18

except those all other settings will stay same as DOCP 3200 default untouched right?

Question 2 :

"with these settings you advise am I doing any kind of cpu overclock or they are just memory related settings ?" (this question may seem silly but pls consider I have no oc experience)

why I ask that question;

because I'm on stock ryzen cpu cooler. (bonus question :) even if  this settings include cpu overclock is it safe to do with stock cooler ?)

Question 3 :

yesterday I tried docp 3200 profile but I just changed mem freq to 2933, every other setting was docp 3200 default. with these settings I managed to start pc and everything seems ok. I tried cpu-z for test for like 1 min and everything is ok, no system fault at all. But I think cpu-z has 2 tests one is stress test , cant remember the other.

main question how long should I run cpu-z test to be sure everything is ok ? and which test should I do?

For Prime 95 what is the acceptable score for my system ? (my cpu is ryzen 5 1600)

Question 4:

For bios settings I didnt change any setting about cpu optimization.

You know there is some kind of option like performance,normal,power saver.

Mine is bios default "normal"

Should I change this or is it ok to use like that?

PS. I will also try the settings you advice and inform you back.

Really thanks for your reply.

9 minutes ago, kucuktimu said:

If I understand you correct I just chose DOCP 3200 profile and then only make the changes you talk about 

1- dram voltage to 1.37

2- cas latency to 18

except those all other settings will stay same as DOCP 3200 default untouched.

last question is that with these settings I dont do any cpu overclock right ?

because I'm on stock ryzen cpu cooler.

You dont OC CPU but C18 is cancer.

Use rather 2933 or 3066 with C14.

The way higher latency will kill the frequency advantage

On 7/11/2017 at 1:52 PM, jeffmeyer5295 said:

People use AMD?

Biggest joke of a CPU is the I3 7350K, most tech tubers use it as a box opener so. Plus hardwareunbox basically upgraded his box opener with the brand new 8350K since the 8400 is a much better value with the industry moving to 6 cores. 

On 7/11/2017 at 1:50 PM, dave_k said:

Greetings my fellow AMD owners, i have some info how to run this ram at 3200MHz (one guy runs it on CH6) with lower timings and latency, basically all you need to do is manually OC this ram with these parameters:

1.35V

C15 (CAS Latency)

Command rate 1T

Frequency 3200MHz

Timing 15-15-15-34/36 (34 is better)

If you manage to get it running, please comment how good it works and how stable it is.

This kit of memory is a big pain for Ryzen users happy you got your memory to 3200 though. 

Board has a lot to do with it too it's not just the kit of memory and the IMC though that is like 90% of it. 

It's a bit weird that you got it to run at 15 timings instead of 16 but hey. 

On 10/8/2017 at 1:14 PM, kucuktimu said:

I have more questions for you my friend because it is nearly impossible to find a person with exact same configuration;

Question 1 :

1- dram voltage to 1.37

2- cas latency to 18

except those all other settings will stay same as DOCP 3200 default untouched right?

Question 2 :

"with these settings you advise am I doing any kind of cpu overclock or they are just memory related settings ?" (this question may seem silly but pls consider I have no oc experience)

why I ask that question;

because I'm on stock ryzen cpu cooler. (bonus question :) even if  this settings include cpu overclock is it safe to do with stock cooler)

Question 3 :

yesterday I tried docp 3200 profile but I just changed mem freq to 2933, every other setting was docp 3200 default. with these settings I managed to start pc and everything seems ok. I tried cpu-z for test for like 1 min and everything is ok, no system fault at all. But I think cpu-z has 2 tests one is stress test , cant remember the other.

main question how long should I run cpu-z test to be sure everything is ok ? and which test should I do?

You need to test using HCI memtest and you need to make sure you open as many tests and you have CPU cores/threads here is my setup example 

On 10/8/2017 at 1:24 PM, dave_k said:

I tried my settings with a demo version of AIDA64 and I got better numbers than what is shown above ... at least the numbers that I got to see (read was for example higher)

On 10/8/2017 at 1:14 PM, kucuktimu said:

I have more questions for you (DrSodomon) my friend because it is nearly impossible to find a person with exact same configuration;

Question 1 :

1- dram voltage to 1.37

2- cas latency to 18

Question 2 :

why I ask that question;

because I'm on stock ryzen cpu cooler. (bonus question :) even if  this settings include cpu overclock is it safe to do with stock cooler ?)

Question 3 :

For Prime 95 what is the acceptable score for my system ? (my cpu is ryzen 5 1600)

Question 4:

For bios settings I didnt change any setting about cpu optimization.

You know there is some kind of option like performance,normal,power saver.

Mine is bios default "normal"

Should I change this or is it ok to use like that?

Question 1:

Yes. I got stability problems with 17 and severe problems with 16.

Question 2:

I am no expert here either. Since I find the ASUS BIOS a bit strange I did like this:

First I used the EZ tool in BIOS. I picked the middle alternative (not the water cooling one), but you can also pick the one with the standard cooling. The nice thing with this method is that the BIOS will be configured with a better CPU core voltage (higher, but still at a decent value). The next thing is to crank up the multiplier value which is default 32. Take it in steps of 1. Try CPU-Z for like 5-10 min each time. Install the CPUID HW monitor to get a good view of the device temperature during the test (temperature package). The device has a max temp of 95 degrees, but I suggest that you stay below 90 ... like 85 or so. With too high overclocking the computer usually totally hangs (black screen) ... if you are using an SSD there should be no risk hanging the computer like that.

Device temperature during load increases with Clock speed (both core and memory speed) ...

About overclocking and a 1600 version you should be able to start at 36 (since this is the turbo level). With a 1600X you could start at 40. 

I used to have a standard 1600 cooler, but changed to a Be quiet pure rock cooler with an extra pull-fan. That gave me a a better device temp during load. I stay at 70 degrees with CPU-Z stress test and less than 90 with Prime95 worst case test. That cooler is according to me good value for the money ... 

Question 3: 

Nice :)

I have been using memtest (https://www.memtest86.com/) running like 10-15 iterations. Each test will take like 10 hours with 12 iterations so I leave the computer on during night.

I also used CPU-Z running 10-15 min each setting

Furthermore I used Prime95. Funny thing is that both memtest and cpu-z Went ok with cas latency 18 and 1.36 V. With Prime95 I got memory failures and those were solved with 1.37 V setting.

Another good thing is to play some nice games like ARMA3, Battlefield 1 or something. With wrong memory settings the game hangs ... :)

Question 4:

I did not change any of those.

On 10/8/2017 at 1:24 PM, dave_k said:

Had to try your settings and compare it with mine :) . I found a license to aida64 on google (actually youtube) ...

Here is what I think might be your settings and following results. Matches more or less what is shown above.

1466.jpg.9c49d2bb9b5d275ffb15216f1588d86e.jpg

Here are the settings I use

1600.jpg.f3baf3301d716fb815042d560a7c57c7.jpg

Why is it better to run low number of wait states on CAS and penalize clock speed?

Hello

I have the CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 v5.39 on a Gigabyte GA-AB350N mitx board (with latest bios)

The xmp profile works out of box at 3200/16-18-18-36 1.35v

With manual tweaking in BIOS I managed to get 3466MHz.

xmp - disabled, frequency set manually

DRAM voltage - 1.38

SOC voltage - 1.15

18-19-19-19-39 timings

These settings can use a little bit of tweaking, but my goal was to reach 3600... and I "failed". At 3600 won't post, even with 1.4v.

So if any of you guys manages 3600, please share.

cachemem.png.8e1ced5544f887e34374ea92092d41eb.png

32 minutes ago, themladen said:

snip

Run rather 3200 with lower timings than 3466 with higher

What I find interesting here is that nobody has a kit rated 3200 c14. Any gskill or corsair kit (from the research I did) with c14 3200 is guaranteed samsung b die, all c16 and most c15 lots have Hynix or Samsung d/e die (some c15 have b die)

I recently picked up a gskill 3600 c16 (guaranteed b die according to reditt and gskill themselves). I'm excited to see what I can get working. I plan to run 3466 and tighter timings (if my CPU allows 3466).

I'll report back when I get my CPU

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's

4 hours ago, dave_k said:

Run rather 3200 with lower timings than 3466 with higher

As requested:

cachemem.png.fc43a9c4b99287a804938085193fd96b.png

Lower scores, as expected.

XMP activated, only timings changed manually. CL15 is automatically changed to 16. With CL14 system doesn't start at 1.35v, starts at 1.4v but it's not stable enough to boot to windows. Same results with XMP disabled.

I got my hardware incoming early next week, what motherboard are you running the ram on?

5 minutes ago, syntaxsmurf said:

I got my hardware incoming early next week, what motherboard are you running the ram on?

atm Strix X370-F

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pPqMzM

This is my build that I ordered. I was saving up for a new PC when my current one started crashing so I had to get this now.

Skipped on GPU for now gonna reuse my 770 and buy a 1080 TI in 4 or 5 months.

Think I can get up to the full 3200 Mhz from the ram? A guy PM'd me on a Discord I am on and said the ram was not on the QVL and there was no way i'd get decent Mhz out of them. Which I am not sure if that is true or not?

12 minutes ago, syntaxsmurf said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pPqMzM

This is my build that I ordered. I was saving up for a new PC when my current one started crashing so I had to get this now.

Skipped on GPU for now gonna reuse my 770 and buy a 1080 TI in 4 or 5 months.

Think I can get up to the full 3200 Mhz from the ram? A guy PM'd me on a Discord I am on and said the ram was not on the QVL and there was no way i'd get decent Mhz out of them. Which I am not sure if that is true or not?

You got the worst mobo you could.

B350 is not suitable for R7 x model with such a beefy cooler