Can I get away with gaming on an MX Master?

So I recently bought an MX Master as my first mouse to go with my first ever PC build. My workload includes video editing, and some occasional gaming. Obviously the MX Master is perfect for video editing, but it seems to be popular opinion that the MX Master sucks for gaming due to wireless/highish latency.

My question is, do you think I should buy something like a G402 for when I'm gaming and switch between the two mice, or just stick to the MX Master?

Appreciate the feedback!

I also have a MX Master that I use for work like editing, but I also tried gaming with it. So back when I was MGE in CS GO I fired up a competitive match with it, and I had no complaints about the latency. Yes I am sure it is not as fast as a wired mouse, but unless you are a professional CS player latency shouldn't worry you much. What killed the experience for me is the weight of the mouse. Because it has batteries it is too hard to pick up and to flick. But if you are one of those people who plays high sensitivity and doesn't pick up their mouse a lot or doesn't swing their arm around, then you should be fine.

I also use my MX master for gaming, a bit heavy but it doesn't matter to me, non competitive right here.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Just now, Damascus said:

I also use my MX master for gaming, a bit heavy but it doesn't matter to me, non competitive right here.

That's good to hear; thanks 

It has a relatively low polling rate, 125Hz (8ms), which combined with your monitor's latency may be barely noticeable. Personally would recommend the G602 if you were heavier into gaming than editing. I think Logitech is clearing out inventory for its replacement so the G602 has great bang for buck pricing at the moment and supports 500Hz/1000Hz modes. Only draw back is that it uses AA batteries, but to its credit they last forever. I change batteries on my pair of G602's maybe 2-3 times a year. 

Just now, spartanvi said:

It has a relatively low polling rate, 125Hz (8ms), which combined with your monitor's latency may be barely noticeable. Personally would recommend the G602 if you were heavier into gaming than editing. I think Logitech is clearing out inventory for its replacement so the G602 has great bang for buck pricing at the moment and supports 500Hz/1000Hz modes. Only draw back is that it uses AA batteries, but to its credit they last forever. I change batteries on my pair of G602's maybe 2-3 times a year. 

That's very helpful. Seeing as I do at lot more productivity based work than gaming I think the MX Master should be fine. If ever I get more into gaming then I would definitely check out the G602.

As an MX master user, i can say that compared to my old Razer Deathadder the latency feels no different, plus I personally prefer the weight and clickiness of the MX Master. 

Even if you're gaming competitively, it's 95% personal skill, 3% your framerate, and maybe 2% your mouse. If you're really that good, you should be able to get to Top 500 in Overwatch or Challenger in League with an MX Master without breaking a sweat.

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-6500 / Cryorig H7 / Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz / EVGA GTX 1070 SC / Fractal Design Define R5 / Adata SP550 240GB / WD Blue 500GB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA 750GQ 

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Google Pixel XL 128GB / Jaybird Bluebuds X3 / Logitech MX Master / Sennheiser HD 598 / 

Also a non pro gamer on an MX Master and I specifically bought the mouse for its weight and size. It's the most comfortable mouse I've used and potentially the most comfortable out there for palm grippers. I have a G502 gathering dust because of it. 

For my my needs I notice no latency.