New Headphones on budget!

Almond

Hey everyone!

I'm aiming to purchase new headphones as my old HyperX have unfortunately died on me. The headphones will be used for gaming, movies and music. I like to travel a lot as well, so having headphones that I could take around, whether it would be on the train, bus or plane. I'm a big fan of treble and bass and I'm into jumpy music, but I like to listen to some calm acoustic songs as well. What I'm probably looking for is a good closed back over-ear headphones. My budget would be £150 at max. There are nice sales on amazon but I really don't know which headphones to go for, for example:           

if you want a good open but over ear headphone get the fidelio X2 my brother has the bigger brother of it and it`s great, good sound, sits good on your head and you can still hear a little bit what is happening around you, (though if you crank up the volume the people around you might hear it.

1 minute ago, Tauwer said:

if you want a good open but over ear headphone get the fidelio X2 my brother has the bigger brother of it and it`s great, good sound, sits good on your head and you can still hear a little bit what is happening around you, (though if you crank up the volume the people around you might hear it.

hmm, good point. But how low would I need to listen to the music so no one would hear what im listening to on the train?

1 minute ago, Almond said:

hmm, good point. But how low would I need to listen to the music so no one would hear what im listening to on the train?

i`m not sure i think if you listen on a medium to low volume you won`t have any trouble (i think) my brother preffers to listen his music loud so thats my experience.

all of them look like headphones that leak much so i guess you are allready best off with the phidelio x2

13 minutes ago, seduce_me said:

DT770 Pro?

looked into them as well. The only downside I heard is that they can be kinda harsh on your temple because they are kinda tight fitted.

35 minutes ago, Tauwer said:

i`m not sure i think if you listen on a medium to low volume you won`t have any trouble (i think) my brother preffers to listen his music loud so thats my experience.

all of them look like headphones that leak much so i guess you are allready best off with the phidelio x2

have you had experience with the other headphones?

If you want to take them outside, you have to look for closed headphones but all the options you listed are open-back. There is a thread pinned on the Audio sub-forum for headphone recommendations, you might want to check that out.

1 minute ago, seduce_me said:

If you want to take them outside, you have to look for closed headphones but all the options you listed are open-back. There is a thread pinned on the Audio sub-forum for headphone recommendations, you might want to check that out.

Yea I noticed that, but every headset that has been reduced and is really good happens to be open back. I might just get open back for home use and hotel as I have a pair of jaybirds.

What sound signature do you prefer?

Emphasis on bass, mids or treble?

2 minutes ago, seduce_me said:

What sound signature do you prefer?

Emphasis on bass, mids or treble?

I'd say bass is more preferable for me out of the 3, but not overpowering where you can't distinguish the mids.

26 minutes ago, Almond said:

have you had experience with the other headphones?

no i haven`t only the phidelio 

The X2's u suggested should be alright, the HD6XX on Massdrop should suit your needs too. The K702 and HD598 are considered brighter headphones.

The X2's u suggested should be alright, the HD6XX on Massdrop should suit your needs too. The K702 and HD598 are considered brighter headphones.

thank you! what about the dt770 pro on 80hz you suggested? and which one would you say would be compatible with a phone the most and computer.

DT770 Pro might be too bass-heavy for you, however it's best to try out the headphones in person before making a decision since my idea of "bass-heavy" might be different from yours. I'd say the X2 should be the most mobile-friendly followed by the DT770.

DT770 Pro might be too bass-heavy for you, however it's best to try out the headphones in person before making a decision since my idea of "bass-heavy" might be different from yours. I'd say the X2 should be the most mobile-friendly followed by the DT770.

I'll order both from amazon and use their return services. thank you.

On 11/07/2017 at 2:21 PM, seduce_me said:

Hey man, I bought all 3 of the headphones and I can say that the volume is really low. Idk if it's the power output from the phone or pc but the volume is really really low. Would that mean I need a dac and amp? Also the sound leaks out sooo much on full volume from the two besides dt770 pro. Not sure if to look for closed back headphones or keep these.

Lol that's why open-back headphones aren't used in public. If the volume is too low you need an amp.

7 hours ago, seduce_me said:

Lol that's why open-back headphones aren't used in public. If the volume is too low you need an amp.

I agree, I thought it wouldn't be soo bad. I'm the next 21 days I'll decide which headphones to keep. Can you recommend me the cheapest amp I could buy to help sort out this problem.

If you won't ever be upgrading in the future and you just want more volume, I'd give the Fiio K1 a closer look. The schiit fulla 2 at $60 more will give more functionality and inputs/outputs.

12 minutes ago, seduce_me said:

If you won't ever be upgrading in the future and you just want more volume, I'd give the Fiio K1 a closer look. The schiit fulla 2 at $60 more will give more functionality and inputs/outputs.

im not a fanatic and I just want good sounding headphones that will treble and beat that bass into my ears not overpoweringly until the point I don't hear my mids. I might consider returning the headphones in general as it's nothing special imo and might not be worth my money. I'll purchase the Fiio K1 as I can see it's a portable amp and dac and might be able to use it with my phone. But idk why im not sold on the headphones.

Headphones take quite a while for you to adjust. Try them for a week and go back to your old pair. If it still doesn't impress you, return it to Amazon.

Headphones take quite a while for you to adjust. Try them for a week and go back to your old pair. If it still doesn't impress you, return it to Amazon.

That's a really good advice. I have the HyperX which I thought died but it was just the cable that was screwing up. I was really pleased with those as the cost 70 quid and did their job. I definitely need an amp because the volume is way too low for my liking as im one of those people that like to listen to music on high volume.

Recommendation for about $200 and above -

HD 6XX from Massdrop. Basically Sennheiser 650s but it's significantly cheaper. Also, these are made in Ireland.

If I had cash to throw around I'd get this in a heartbeat.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."