I want an all around good pc

well, yea... I was thinking for more like future purposes, or is there no overclockable cpu that fits my motherboard?

so, i5 or i3, I am clueless on which one to pick, will the cx450 be enough to power or do i need a bigger one?

18 minutes ago, Broather said:

so, i5 or i3, I am clueless on which one to pick, will the cx450 be enough to power or do i need a bigger one?

if you want to go intel, then go for

light gaming -> i3 (2 Cores + 2 Threads)
normal gaming -> i5 (4 Cores)

gaming + recording/streaming/video editing -> i7 (4 Cores + 4 Threads)

Everything with a "K" after the number, is overclockable. (like Intel Core i5 6600K)
If you consider overclocking to save you from buying a new CPU, then keep in mind the additional cost of an overclocking mainboard and good cooler. 

I've got 400W PSU (specs in profile) and I'm 8W over. (only ACU crashes on a regular base, idk why) 450W-500W should be enough power

CPU Intel Core i5 4670, 3.4GHz Motherboard ASRock Z97 Pro4 RAM Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB, 1833Hz GPU AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB OC Case BeQuiet Silent Base 800 Storage Seagate ST2000DX001 SSDH  PSU BeQuiet PurePower L8, 400W Display(s) Samsung 2 x 22" Cooling BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3 Operating System Windows 10

1 hour ago, Broather said:

well, yea... I was thinking for more like future purposes, or is there no overclockable cpu that fits my motherboard?

you can use an unlocked i5/7 on your mobo, but it's a waste of money since you can't overclock it anyways. just stick with a regular i3 for now.

27 minutes ago, Broather said:

see if a used i3 or G4560(update bios first) is cheaper, get it and see if you can use the money for a better GPU. the CX450 is enough for a gtx 950.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, cyanit said:

if you want to go intel, then go for

light gaming -> i3 (2 Cores + 2 Threads)
normal gaming -> i5 (4 Cores)

gaming + recording/streaming/video editing -> i7 (4 Cores + 4 Threads)

Everything with a "K" after the number, is overclockable. (like Intel Core i5 6600K)
If you consider overclocking to save you from buying a new CPU, then keep in mind the additional cost of an overclocking mainboard and good cooler. 

I've got 400W PSU (specs in profile) and I'm 8W over. (only ACU crashes on a regular base, idk why) 450W-500W should be enough power

Where's BF1 at? Light or Normal?

3 minutes ago, Broather said:

Where's BF1 at? Light or Normal?

https://www.battlefield.com/games/battlefield-1/tech?setLocale=en-us
go for the i5. Not just because it's the minimum requirement, it has 4 real cores.

CPU Intel Core i5 4670, 3.4GHz Motherboard ASRock Z97 Pro4 RAM Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB, 1833Hz GPU AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB OC Case BeQuiet Silent Base 800 Storage Seagate ST2000DX001 SSDH  PSU BeQuiet PurePower L8, 400W Display(s) Samsung 2 x 22" Cooling BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3 Operating System Windows 10

Just now, Broather said:

6500 enough?

i guess yes. I think what matters the most are the 4 cores...

Just now, cyanit said:

i guess yes. I think what matters the most are the 4 cores...

Big thanks to you... oh and @herman mcpootis, dont feel left out, I also appreciate the help you've given me

What about installation, I have never replaced a CPU before, do I just pull the old one out and plop the new one in there, or is there much more to it?

I'll just make another post specifying the details, is there a way to mark this discussion as finished?