Idea for a video: Turning an old smartphone into an IoT device?

Hey everyone. First of all, I really enjoy LTT content.
So there was one thing i was thinking about, that might be a cool idea for a project:

What to do with your old, but still 100% functional smartphones?
Many can be jailbroken or rooted, so they can literally run any software. They come with built-in wifi, 3g, bluetooth, camera, etc...
So why not turn them into IoT devices or other gadgets? 

for example: an old smartphone has a way better desing than a raspberry pi with the the camera attatched. plus it has an internal battery

I used my old cellphone as a Webcam for my computer for quite a while :D   I also used it as a third screen on my windows (extended desktop to it).

One of my future projects is to buy an old upright Piano and Carve a tablet or touch laptop screen in the front to have my sheets and Video tutorial to learn ;) 

Spoiler

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « upright piano screen »

Would still be awesome to see the full capabilities of a rooted cellphone!!  Hell, my current Zenfone2 has a Intel Atom processor with 4Gb RAM. It could run Windows 10 probably hahahahaha

I have on my to-do list something you mentioned. I can get Android phones as cheap as $30 which makes them so much cheaper than any developer iot board

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

I have a friend who uses his old smartphone as a network camera that he can view from anywhere using his current phone. I have an older smartphone that still needs a cool project...