New headphones to use with O2/ODAC

Hi guys,

I wanted to take advantage of the Black Friday deals on Amazon to buy a new set of headphones, soon to be paired with an O2/ODAC. My budget for the headphones is between £100 ($160) - £200 ($320)

I have selected a few on Amazon, and wanted to know which one will be the best "bang for the buck". I mostly listen to rock and metal, but also some classic.

So the ones I'm looking at are these, but feel free to suggest others:

Denon: (they look like a good deal, both of them)

AHD1100

AHD600

AKG:

Q701 (a little over my budget but seems to be a good deal)

K551

K550

Sennheiser: (from what I hear they sound the same)

HD558

HD598

Beyerdynamic:

DT990 PRO

I realize the are from different classes, and some are open and others are closed. I am looking for the best value for my money, I am used to closed headphones, but I think I would prefer open (I say think because I only tested low end open headphones). However I'll be happy to keep using closed headphones, as long as it is a good deal.

Thanks!

Best bang for your buck is either the HD 558 or DT 990. Test them out in store to see which you prefer if you can. Neither is better or worse objectively, it is literally a matter of opinion.

Personally the dt 990 and the q701 will sound the best from that list. Q701's are also hard to drive so the o2/odac will make it shine.

Personally the dt 990 and the q701 will sound the best from that list. Q701's are also hard to drive so the o2/odac will make it shine.

A hundred pounds more than the other two though. It's good, but definitely not a bang for the buck.

A hundred pounds more than the other two though. It's good, but definitely not a bang for the buck.

Speaking in terms of American prices, don't pay attention to anything else. Sorry  :unsure:

Prices for Headphones suck in the UK, would of told him to order from US but sometimes can cost the same or more because of shipping and import tax.

Sponsored by Twitch and DxRacer.

heard really good things about MA900 which im waiting for it to go on sale didnt bite on the HD598 sale on amazon cuz of that