Gta 5 capped at 60fps

the_boss_NL

Hello, since I reïnstalled windows on my pc my gta 5 framerate wont go further than 60fps, vsync is off, and I dont know what the problem is.

Specs:

Fx4350 5ghz

gtx970 stock

8gb ddr3 1600mhz

120gb ssd

I hope someone has an answer!

What settings and what resolution are you playing at?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Just now, Majestic said:

Is it around 60 fps or locked 60fps.

sometimes it goes to 61 but just for a sec, and for the rest its 60 or lower

Just now, the_boss_NL said:

sometimes it goes to 61 but just for a sec, and for the rest its 60 or lower

Well, the FX-4350 isn't a very fast CPU. Might want to turn down settings.

If that doesn't change it, some 3rd party software is capping the fps

1 minute ago, Abdul201588 said:

What settings and what resolution are you playing at?

full hd, and everything on high accept the textures

Just now, Majestic said:

Well, the FX-4350 isn't a very fast CPU. Might want to turn down settings.

If that doesn't change it, some 3rd party software is capping the fps

A few months back i could get frames up to 80 fps. And how can i detect such a program?

A few months back i could get frames up to 80 fps. And how can i detect such a program?

You don't know what programms you're running? Rivatuner server for example has a framecap setting. bandicam, fraps, etc.

Just now, Majestic said:

You don't know what programms you're running? Rivatuner server for example has a framecap setting. bandicam, fraps, etc.

I dont have these programs, i reinstalled windows and gta after it and it was at 60fps

I dont have these programs, i reinstalled windows and gta after it and it was at 60fps

Try setting everything (also advanced) to the lowest settings. If it's still 60fps check Nvidia control panel, maybe you're forcing vsync.

so i set the screentype to windowed and to fullscreen, and the framecap was of :) . Maybe I am just an idiot and should have known, but i dont know why screentype would matter.

14 minutes ago, the_boss_NL said:

full hd, and everything on high accept the textures

I'd guess the GPU is bottlenecking your CPU. FX CPUs are old. :/ 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

29 minutes ago, the_boss_NL said:

so i set the screentype to windowed and to fullscreen, and the framecap was of :) . Maybe I am just an idiot and should have known, but i dont know why screentype would matter.

Ah, yes if you're running windowed then Windows Aero makes it run at the desktop speed. Which is 60hz in this case I presume.