pc boots, then blackscreens "no signal"

MrJarhead

i brought my pc to a friends house (in my car), however i have an issue, it will boot fine, then randomly blackscreen, however i can still hear audio.

this happened to my ex girlfriend and it turned out to be a driver. anyway i reinstalled an older nvidia driver and then it was fine for the rest of last night. 

came back on this morning and issue has arisen again. used ddu and as we speak everything is fine. could this be a driver conflict maybe? im out of ideas.

4 minutes ago, MrJarhead said:

i brought my pc to a friends house (in my car), however i have an issue, it will boot fine, then randomly blackscreen, however i can still hear audio.

this happened to my ex girlfriend and it turned out to be a driver. anyway i reinstalled an older nvidia driver and then it was fine for the rest of last night. 

came back on this morning and issue has arisen again. used ddu and as we speak everything is fine. could this be a driver conflict maybe? im out of ideas.

To me this sounds like something might have become loose. Maybe reseat the gpu and check if the power cables are properly seated.

2 minutes ago, black0utm1rage said:

To me this sounds like something might have become loose. Maybe reseat the gpu and check if the power cables are properly seated.

checked all this mate and it was fine. i personally something is conflicting maybe. because when i install the drivers its fine, as soon as i reboot it doesnt like it.

2 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

Does safe mode work?

i will try it, when the screen goes black, my gpu fans ramp up, even though i set them to 60%. it goes black when i try anything like youtube.

i had an overclock on, just removed it now, i hope my 1080 isnt broken, its like 3 weeks old -_-

2 minutes ago, MrJarhead said:

i will try it, when the screen goes black, my gpu fans ramp up, even though i set them to 60%. it goes black when i try anything like youtube.

i had an overclock on, just removed it now, i hope my 1080 isnt broken, its like 3 weeks old -_-

Wow, is the card founders edition?

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

Just now, Ordinarily_Greater said:

Wow, is the card founders edition?

no evga sc.

ive just uninstalled a few programmes, one being speedfan, teamviewer and evga precision, everything is ok at the moment. but will give it another few boots.

Just now, Nikeerlord said:

Plug in Hdmi to monitor.

it didnt matter what cable i tried, issue was the same. it had to or has to be something thats installed. because why would my fans override the stting i put them to.

possibly oc was bad and it was blackscreening me.

doing it again :@ when i just turned the pc on i had a big white line across the screen, think gpu is fuc*ed

connect the cable from the gpu to the monitor, not from the motherboard to the monitor.

brah i know how to work a pc, for some reason even with a cmos reset integrated wasnt enabled, now it is, if i get a blackscreen again, i will put it into the motherboard to see if i get a signal.

cleared cmos and ok so far.

at this point i have no clue what the issue could be.

update guys, things have been ok, however... this seems to be a known issue with the 1070 and 1080 cards from what i can find on google. black screen and 100% fan speed.

if it happens again im just gonna get it sent back to the retailer.

Do you have any more info about what's happening

some more research suggests that when evga had issues with the ftw and the whole fire incident, it turns out that its possibly the vrms getting too hot. apparently it was an issue on the sc version too, although my sc should have been one that was manufactured recently.