Upgrading

the_NIXON88

Currently I have a tiny computer case running a 5700 APU but i am planning on upgrading my GPU which requires me to Upgrade my Case and PSU. I was wondering how hard it is to upgrade a Case and PSU at the same time and what I will need other than the Case GPU, PSU and Screwdriver. Another problem I ran into while I was going though the steps is that since I did not build my computer I don't have the motherboard manual which I will need in order to plug in the front usb and power headers of the new case into the motherboard. Part of me is just wondering if its just going to get too complicated.

Currently I have a tiny computer case running a 5700 APU but i am planning on upgrading my GPU which requires me to Upgrade my Case and PSU. I was wondering how hard it is to upgrade a Case and PSU at the same time and what I will need other than the Case GPU, PSU and Screwdriver. Another problem I ran into while I was going though the steps is that since I did not build my computer I don't have the motherboard manual which I will need in order to plug in the front usb and power headers of the new case into the motherboard. Part of me is just wondering if its just going to get too complicated.

I may have the same or similar computer (hp p71240,unless yours is custom build) i upgraded my psu to a cx500m worked perfectly and i didnt upgrade my case and im getting my new gpu next week,also if you have a similar or same computer i can tell you what gpus will work in the case unless you really want to upgrade your case(im just trying to save you some more money for a better gpu)

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

woah woah woah, why exactly do you need to upgrade your case when getting a new CPU? A little confusing, and also depending on your choice of CPU, I don't think you'll need a PSU upgrade either. What CPU are you upgrading to?

EDIT: I miss read, you wrote GPU not CPU lol.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

I may have the same or similar computer (hp p71240,unless yours is custom build) i upgraded my psu to a cx500m worked perfectly and i didnt upgrade my case and im getting my new gpu next week,

Its not as much the power supply as it is the lack of space. You see my case is 4 and a half inches wide so yeah..

Its not as much the power supply as it is the lack of space. You see my case is 4 and a half inches wide so yeah..

Really can you give me a link or something to show your case now

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Really can you give me a link or something to show your case now

For some reason its not letting me post it but just google acer ax3 100 and look at images

For some reason its not letting me post it but just google acer ax3 100 and look at images

oh i see well what is your budget for the upgrade

oh i see well what is your budget for the upgrade

Right now Im willing to spend around $200 for case and psu and than another $200 for gpu so basicly $400

Right now Im willing to spend around $200 for case and psu and than another $200 for gpu so basicly $400

i found a gpu that may fit in your case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121768 if you want a bigger case so you can get the card you really want, it shouldnt be that hard just take a picture of it in your case now and then put everything in the new case just like it was before, but it depends how big of a case you want

i found a gpu that may fit in your case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121768 if you want a bigger case so you can get the card you really want, it shouldnt be that hard just take a picture of it in your case now and then put everything in the new case just like it was before, but it depends how big of a case you want

Yeah no... my pci expansion slots are half that tall and I only have 1. I don't think its a matter of finding 1 that will fit. Thanks though

Yeah no... my pci expansion slots are half that tall and I only have 1. I don't think its a matter of finding 1 that will fit. Thanks though

ok like i said what size case do you want and also what company you want it from

the Case, and the psu look perfectly fine but i do recommend getting a modular version if there is one but thats just up to preferance but since mantle will be coming out soon and amd cpu and amd gpus work together better(so ive heard may not be true)*  also Amd cards are cheaper and get somewhat the same performance but again thats preferance if you want Nvidia that card looks just fine

the Case, and the psu look perfectly fine but i do recommend getting a modular version if there is one but thats just up to preferance but since mantle will be coming out soon and amd cpu and amd gpus work together better(so ive heard may not be true)*  also Amd cards are cheaper and get somewhat the same performance but again thats preferance if you want Nvidia that card looks just fine

GPU: If I went AMD Than http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131484&Tpk=7870%20myst

PSU: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139050 Is not GS Series But Ive heard its good

??

like i said i have that PSU and it runs really nice and have had no problems with it, for the gpu may as well get a 7950 http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131458

Thank you. You've Solved a lot of the problems I was thinking about.

yep anytime if you have any other questions or problems feel free to pm me :)