Good CPU for multitasking/gaming

So i basically want a CPU that would enable me play a game on my 1st monitor watch streams on my second, without impacting my FPS because my current i5 4460 is just pure garbage, i guess my price range is like ~250€

Ryzen 5 1600 perhaps? You would need new mobo and ram tho

On a side note, what GPU do you have?

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Just now, DocSwag said:

Ryzen 5 1600 perhaps? You would need new mobo and ram tho

On a side note, what GPU do you have?

Wanted to wait for Vega but it looks like its not a "gaming" gpu so i doubt prices of GPUs will drop, but i have r9 380 atm, but ill buy cpu, mobo, gpu, ram etc. etc. at once

And i was planning on buying RX 580, since i play LoL, OW, CSGO maybe BF1

1 minute ago, Anzexx said:

Wanted to wait for Vega but it looks like its not a "gaming" gpu so i doubt prices of GPUs will drop, but i have r9 380 atm, but ill buy cpu, mobo, gpu, ram etc. etc. at once

And i was planning on buying RX 580, since i play LoL, OW, CSGO maybe BF1

RX Vega didn't came out so it might be the answer

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

Do you have a specifications list for your PC?

If you only want to upgrade the CPU, you'll still be stuck with the Haswell architecture. The best option is the Core i7-4790. If you have a little extra, you can get the i7-4790K.

Just now, Ordinarily_Greater said:

RX Vega didn't came out so it might be the answer

Yeah but we did see the new GPU didnt we ? 

1 minute ago, Shadestones said:

Do you have a specifications list for your PC?

If you only want to upgrade the CPU, you'll still be stuck with the Haswell architecture. The best option in your price range is the Core i7-4790. If you have a little extra, you can get the i7-4790K 

new cpus prefered :D

3 minutes ago, Anzexx said:

new cpus prefered :D

In that case, you might want to save a bit more in order to replace your motherboard and RAM. A brand-new Kaby Lake or Ryzen CPU is not going to work on a Socket LGA 1150 motherboard.

Just now, Shadestones said:

In that case, you might want to save a bit more in order to replace your motherboard and RAM.

Planning on doing that im willing to spend 250€ on a cpu alone

Planning on doing that im willing to spend 250€ on a cpu alone

Oh, I see.

Then, I also recommend going with the Ryzen 5 1600 CPU. It has 6 Cores and 12 Threads clocked at 3.2 GHz.

7 minutes ago, Anzexx said:

Yeah, it might affect some QUadros price

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

Just now, Shadestones said:

Oh, I see.

Then, I also recommend going with the Ryzen 5 1600 CPU. It has 6 Cores and 12 Threads clocked at 3.2 GHz.

What about 1600x ? whats the difference, if its for OC only then 1600 would be for me

What about 1600x ? whats the difference, if its for OC only then 1600 would be for me

The Ryzen 5 1600X doesn't come with a cooler. The standard 1600 is seen as having a better value because It's a sweet spot for price to performance.

16 minutes ago, Anzexx said:

we saw AMD's enterprise Quadro competitor, not a gaming card.

18 minutes ago, Anzexx said:

Correct, 1600 and 1600x are the same specs except for the higher out-of-the-box clock speed and the lack of an included cooler with the x.

The same goes if you upgrade to ryzen 7.

The 1700, 1700x, and 1800x all are identical except that only the 1700 has an included cooler and the 1800 and 1800x have higher factory clocks.

You're better off getting the cheapest in each family and overclocking.

The only exception to this is the 1400 and 1500x. The 1500x DOES have a cooler and the 1400 has only half the cache of the other ryzen chips.

You basically shouldn't ever get the 1400 unless you absolutely need the extra few dollars.

TLDR get the 1600 or 1700, the X cpus are a waste of money

edit for clarity.

Build: Intel S2600gz, 2x E5-2670, EVGA SC 1070, Zotac 1060 6GB mini, 48GB Micron 1333mhz ECC DDR3, 2x Intel DPS-750XB 750 watt PSU

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/elerek/saved/3T7D4D

22 minutes ago, BubblyCharizard said:

we saw AMD's enterprise Quadro competitor, not a gaming card.

No. We saw a fanboy edition that's 2* the price of the real thing and probably throttles a bit more. A firepro is a proper professional card. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

32 minutes ago, Shadestones said:

The Ryzen 5 1600X doesn't come with a cooler. The standard 1600 is seen as having a better value. It's a sweet spot for price to performance.

Ok lets not start arguing about some gpu

Just now, Anzexx said:

Ok lets not start arguing about some gpu

Did you mean to quote me? haha.

1 hour ago, Anzexx said:

1600 comes with stock cooler that is capable of some OCing and can OC to same levels as 1600x. Unless you have sworn by your life you won't oc 1600 is a better option.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

1 hour ago, Anzexx said:

So i basically want a CPU that would enable me play a game on my 1st monitor watch streams on my second, without impacting my FPS because my current i5 4460 is just pure garbage, i guess my price range is like ~250€

R5 1600 definitely. Great for multitask, decent for gaming.

Whenever you mention about gaming, do tell us your target resolution, fps, and graphical settings. Some people want to game at 200 fps and ryzen is not going to work. xD

I already bought a custom CPU cooler, i dont OC, i want like 144+fps on LoL, good multitasking, hopefully 1600 580 will be good nuff, ty