Stupid question: will this soundcard fit?

thomas93

Hey there guys!

First of all, my apologies if this thread isn't supposed to be in the general section. I'm new here, and don't quite know where else so put this :(

So, I'm planning on buying a soundcard as I've got a few bucks to spend, and my onboard audio isn't that good. The problem is, however, that I'm not too familiar with pc's and all. Which is why I'm asking for help here, by the real techwizards B)

Relevant specs:

Motherboard: gigabyte B75M-D3V (Link)

Headset: Sennheiser pc 360

The soundcard I'm thinking of buying is the Asus Xonar D1 (Link)

It's a relatively old card, but it's within my pricerange and should be good enough.

Now, the thing I'm not quite sure on whether or not it's compatible with my motherboard. In this picture (Picture), my free spot on the mobo is the big white pci slot to the bottom (please let that actually be a pci slot, so i don't make a fool of myself...).

Now, the specs on the card say it will fit in a normal PCI slot. But when I look at the card I see that the part that's supposed to go into the pci-slot, is divided in 3 parts. While the PCI slot is only divided in 2 parts.

Can anyone confirm/deny for me that this card will actually be compatible with my motherboard? Because i'm rather incredibly confused

Early thanks to anyone kind enough to help a new guy out! :)

Why not save for a better board and CPU? 

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Well, my CPU shouldn't need upgrading (got an i7 3770k), and my board shouldnt need any upgrading (as long as this soundcard would fit, or any other)

I just wish to know whether or not these parts are compatible

Well, my CPU shouldn't need upgrading (got an i7 3770k), and my board shouldnt need any upgrading.

Why unlocked processor with locked board...

@Bonsai99

I don't even know what that means. But I only came here for this small question, kind sir.

What @Bonsai99 was trying to say is why do you have a CPU that can overclock and have a motherboard that does not have the ability to overclock a CPU

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Why not repost this to the audio forum. We got some really Nice guys over there :-)

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Why not repost this to the audio forum. We got some really Nice guys over there :-)

Can't repost threads, you can only ask the mods to move it.

Can't repost threads, you can only ask the mods to move it.

Or copy the post ;-) and then make a new post in the audio section (copy/paste)

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Or copy the post ;-) and then make a new post in the audio section (copy/paste)

Reposting means posting something (in this case a thread) multiple times, no matter the section/sub-forum.

Reposting means posting something (in this case a thread) multiple times, no matter the section/sub-forum.

By repost it ment that he could just copy/paste it to a new post over in audio section.

Sry if you misunderstood me. But in Denmark where i live its 03:31 am ;-) so I am a bit tied