Can I splice 2 PSUs

I'm going to be building an ethereum mining rig and an Add2psu is not an option in my country so I was curious as to whether or not I would be able to splice a cable between the power on and ground of the 24 pin connector of the mobo's main PSU to the aux-PSU's power on and ground?

In theory it would work, but im worried if the power on, on the mobo, might not be able to send enough charge through the wires to put both PSUs on. i know that Lian-Li has a similar splice cable, but was curious if they had anything running under the hood so to speak or if it is literally just a more secure manner of running 2 cables out of the 2 sockets to the extra psu?

P.S. the attached file is an image of the Lian-Li dual psu splitter.

PSU hack.jpg

4 minutes ago, REAPER-Nam said:

I'm going to be building an ethereum mining rig and a, Add2psu is not an option in my country so I was curious as to whether or not I would be able to splice a cable between the power on and ground of the 24 pin connector of the mobo's main PSU to the aux-PSU's power on and ground?

In theory it would work, but im worried if the power on, on the mobo, might not be able to send enough charge through the wires to put both PSUs on. i know that Lian-Li has a similar splice cable, but was curious if they had anything running under the hood so to speak or if it is literally just a more secure manner of running 2 cables out of the 2 sockets to the extra psu?

P.S. the attached file is an image of the Lian-Li dual psu splitter.

PSU hack.jpg

Yes. Manufacturers often include a fake plug to do this anyway. My EVGA G2 came with one to test the power supply. They are most commonly used to test custom loops with the PC off.

EDIT: If you don't have a plug you can use a paper clip

Nice, tnx for the quick response, this means that I'll at least be spending 120 USD on psu's instead of 300 USD