Gtx 1050 ti in a HP Compaq 8200 elite?

IAMCAT

Hi,

I want to get a new graphics card for my pc and i was thinking of getting a gtx 1050 ti low profile; Graphics card i have an HP Compaq 8200 elite microtower pc and i was wondering will this graphics card work in my pc?

(Graphics card: https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1050-Ti-4GT-LP.html)

(Computer:https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-compaq-8200-elite-microtower-pc/5037940/document/c02779504) i7 2600 model with 8gb of ram

savage bad pc.jpg

It might or might not. I believe the GTX 1050 Ti needs a 250 watt or 300 watt PSU to work properly under load. You'd probably have to check the wattage on your PSU and the PSU wattage recommendation the 1050 Ti has.

Thank you for the fast reply and all the help :D.

Which edition of GTX 1050ti are you going to buy?

If you bought,it worked or not?

i also have hp elite 8200 microtower and i want to know that can i buy a gtx 1050ti for it..

any bios problem?

please reply!

4 hours ago, New_Gamer said:

Which edition of GTX 1050ti are you going to buy?

If you bought,it worked or not?

i also have hp elite 8200 microtower and i want to know that can i buy a gtx 1050ti for it..

any bios problem?

please reply!

Hello, i have not yet bought this gpu but i'm currently looking at the MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB LP

I have seen many videos of people sucessfully using the gtx 1050 ti in a HP Compaq Elite 8200 microtower pc

18 minutes ago, IAMCAT said:

Hello, i have not yet bought this gpu but i'm currently looking at the MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB LP

I have seen many videos of people sucessfully using the gtx 1050 ti in a HP Compaq Elite 8200 microtower pc

It will work. I did something similar with an old hp compaq elite with a core 2 quad. Put in a low profile gtx 750 ti inside of it and it worked absolutely flawlessly for 2 years before I replaced the whole system. Also I would recommend measuring the space you have in the case. In my case the msi low profile version was too long since it would be blocked by the plastic shroud of the cpu cooler. If this is the case I would recommend the gigabyte low profile version since it is smaller than the msi one.

• 2 years later...

hi! i have the same pc and i was thinking of buying a GIGABYTE GTX 750 ti 2GB i was wondering if this card will work with my pc.