Ram timings shown in windows is different than what i have set in bios.Please help me!!

I cannot overclock my ram to 2933mhz on xmp profile,it was unstable.So I manually entered the timings listed on the ram.Doing so i am able to overclock my ram from 2133 to 2933.But in windows the timings(16-16-16-35)  are not  same as,

I had entered in bios(15-16-16-35),Though my system is stable.I do want to know why is it happening and could it damage my Ram

Software used for monitoring timings in windows -cpuz and amd ryzen master both displaying wrong timings.Please help me 

Specs-amd ryzen 1600 @3.6ghz at stock voltage

Gigabyte Ab350m Gaming 3 

Gskill Ripjaws V 2x8gb 3000mhz (15-16-16-35)

Did you forget to save?

7 minutes ago, lawlessPhantom said:

I cannot overclock my ram to 2933mhz on xmp profile,it was unstable.So I manually entered the timings listed on the ram.Doing so i am able to overclock my ram from 2133 to 2933.But in windows the timings(16-16-16-35)  are not  same as,

I had entered in bios(15-16-16-35),Though my system is stable.I do want to know why is it happening and could it damage my Ram

Software used for monitoring timings in windows -cpuz and amd ryzen master both displaying wrong timings.Please help me 

Specs-amd ryzen 1600 @3.6ghz at stock voltage

Gigabyte Ab350m Gaming 3 

Gskill Ripjaws V 2x8gb 3000mhz (15-16-16-35)

It could also be the fact that while your CAS latency is 15 at standard speeds. it can't respond quick enough at the enhanced speeds. Remember that CAS timings aren't a fixed number, but merely a product of the overall speed.

Ram that may be able to respond in 15 cycles at default speed might not be able to respond as quickly at the enhanced speed of the xmp profile, thus having a 16 cycle delay.

6 minutes ago, slightlyjaded said:

It could also be the fact that while your CAS latency is 15 at standard speeds. it can't respond quick enough at the enhanced speeds. Remember that CAS timings aren't a fixed number, but merely a product of the overall speed.

Ram that may be able to respond in 15 cycles at default speed might not be able to respond as quickly at the enhanced speed of the xmp profile, thus having a 16 cycle delay.

But cpuz showing 3000mhz should work on 15-16-16-35,And could these ram timings(16-16-16-35) damage my ram as ram timings listed  are 15-16-16-35.

pc.png

Just now, lawlessPhantom said:

But cpuz showing 3000mhz should work on 15-16-16-35,And could these ram timings(16-16-16-35) damage my ram as ram timings listed  are 15-16-16-35.

Not really. CPU-Z is reporting what is. I just think you RAM can't respond quickly enough to keep that 15 cycle timing, so it's dropping to 16. It's also possible, but unlikely that a less than reputable seller could list, and package the ram they're selling as a better product, and price it accordingly.

2 minutes ago, slightlyjaded said:

Not really. CPU-Z is reporting what is. I just think you RAM can't respond quickly enough to keep that 15 cycle timing, so it's dropping to 16. It's also possible, but unlikely that a less than reputable seller could list, and package the ram they're selling as a better product, and price it accordingly.

So running at 16-16-16-35 ,could it  be harmful for my ram as it is running at 16 instead of 15?

Just now, lawlessPhantom said:

So running at 16-16-16-35 ,could it  be harmful for my ram as it is running at 16 instead of 15?

Nope, not at all. It might just make upgrading a bitch as matching the timing will be next to impossible. The RAM you've got isn't going to fail because it's running a cycle slower.