some questions about my build (half-done)

lmao234

wooh... i just finished 75% of my build. it was much harder than i thought, getting some sleep before finished everything tomorrow. all i have left is cable management (this looked so easy, i underestimated the cables, they're so tough and so hard to control and sometimes not long enough. cable management, i say, is much harder than i thought) and just putting the cables inside their places. 

i thought i f*cked up my purchases because my gpu wasn't connecting right: there was some stuff blocking its path. it turned out that it was just upside down. *facepalm*
some mishaps with the io shield (man i hate that thing) 
and thats all guys.

i have a couple of questions:
- my atx connector (not sure of the name, the one that runs from psu to mobo) doesn't quite pop in to my board or my psu, and i tried both ends. ??? what's happening?
- does anyone have tips for cable management?
and does anyone have a map or something about where to put cables because for the small ones i have no idea where to put.
- the extrta 120mm fans, where are the three pin connectors on the board?

- and what are those cables that comes with my zalman? im gonna do my research tomorrow, its almost 12, and i need to get up early tomorrow.

Excuse my punctuation, many thanks.

AMD FX 6300 | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ | HITACHI ULTRASTAR 1TB 7200RPM HDD | XFX RADEON HD 7950 3GB | 8GB DDR3-1600 MUSHKIN BLACKLINE | OCZ ZT 550W 80+ BRONZE PSU | ZALMAN Z5 PLUS CASE | LITE-ON iHDS118-04 DVD/CD DRIVE | BENQ GW2255 21.5" MONITOR

If the 24 pin doesn't snap in I believe if its in there good it should be connected

Use Zip ties and put cables behind motherboard tray.

Depends on the board but they are labeled something like Chasis_Fan or Case_Fan or something like that.

Its probably for the CPU fan which you plug into the connector CPU_FAN.

Hope I could help!

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

If the 24 pin doesn't snap in I believe if its in there good it should be connected

Use Zip ties and put cables behind motherboard tray.

Depends on the board but they are labeled something like Chasis_Fan or Case_Fan or something like that.

Its probably for the CPU fan which you plug into the connector CPU_FAN.

Hope I could help!

Thanks man, I'm worried because all my other pins (CPU, GPU and peripheral) pins go down all the way and I can't do that with my 24 pin.

Will do.

I've already connected my CPU_FAN to it, but CHAS_FAN has 4 pins while my 120mms have only 3. I'll go look through my manual again. 

Thanks again.

AMD FX 6300 | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ | HITACHI ULTRASTAR 1TB 7200RPM HDD | XFX RADEON HD 7950 3GB | 8GB DDR3-1600 MUSHKIN BLACKLINE | OCZ ZT 550W 80+ BRONZE PSU | ZALMAN Z5 PLUS CASE | LITE-ON iHDS118-04 DVD/CD DRIVE | BENQ GW2255 21.5" MONITOR

Thanks man, I'm worried because all my other pins (CPU, GPU and peripheral) pins go down all the way and I can't do that with my 24 pin.

Will do.

I've already connected my CPU_FAN to it, but CHAS_FAN has 4 pins while my 120mms have only 3. I'll go look through my manual again. 

Thanks again.

The 3pins do work in the 4 pin slots

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Hey man, don't worry about the fan-pins. You can put a 3pin fan in a 4pin connector on the mobo, It will work normal. The 4th pin is for controlling fan speeds trough software, which 3pin fans do not support.

Good luck! You're almost there, be patient and you'll get there.

Ps; are the gpu and pci slot ok?

The 3pins do work in the 4 pin slots

oh, okay. *facepalm*

Hey man, don't worry about the fan-pins. You can put a 3pin fan in a 4pin connector on the mobo, It will work normal. The 4th pin is for controlling fan speeds trough software, which 3pin fans do not support.

Good luck! You're almost there, be patient and you'll get there.

Ps; are the gpu and pci slot ok?

Yeah, I was just being stupid. It's because it was the wrong way round, I didn't realise, and some stuff on my motherboard was blocking its way and it didn't cross through the entire board like normal. I was like 'wtf' and googled my board and stuff and then I had an epiphany. Turn it the other way round.

welcome to the master race. 

i wuz always in da master race, but this is my proper induction. i built my first pc. :D

On cable management. With modern case thats pretty easy job. Just get everything you can behind mobo tray. Some smaller ones like case cables and sata cables you can route around case edges and hide in empty hdd slots. I tend to use cable ties instead of zip ties since they are reusable. Cable ties are ones which tie new cables when they are unboxed. Most times those are black also and can be cut to certain lenght with scissors.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv