Video card Upgrade Question

Ashoroth

Here is my Question to you guys, below in my signature is my current system specs. This system works fine for me for most of my gaming needs with one exception DX12.

Now here is some information that I think should be stated upfront:

• I will not be moving past 1080p Gaming anytime soon (seriously cant afford to replace my monitors atm.)
  • I want to move from a R9 270x to a better DX12 card
  • To satisfy the lazy reader that doesn't want to look at my signature I will be putting this new Card in a Asus Sabertooth z87, i7-4770k, and 16Gb Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 Dual channel Memory.
  • I will not entertain upgrading mobo,cpu,ram till after Intel and AMD settle down a little with the ryzen and i9 platform (more mainstream and early adopter tax is passed)
  • Lastly I know AMD and nVidia are looking to push some really nice cutting edge gpu's in the near future so I'm not looking to break the bank.

Now with that said for the time being I want to keep my current platform and JUST upgrade the Video card, so with that in mind I am looking for suggestion hopefully with some tech specs to back up claims. 

What I would like to see is a card that has enough performance @ 1080p that my Motherboard and CPU and Memory start to become the bottleneck again, but also looking for the best FPS per dollar(USD) at that point. The card I am replacing is a Sapphire R9 270x 4GB Pci-e card. 

Current Build - please no laughing!  Always looking for a comfortable replacement to my old Merc stealth and Steelseries Glass mousepad. 

• CPU:                I7 4770-K 3.5GHz Running @ 3.9GHz
  • Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z87 V1.0
  • RAM:               HyperX Fury (2 x 8GB) DDR 3 1866
  • GPU:                Sapphire R9 270X 4GB
  • Case:               Cooler Master HAF XB EVO
  • Storage:          1 x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, 1 x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
  • PSU:                SILVERSTONE ZM1200M 1200W ATX
  • Display(s):      1 x Phillips BDL4645E 47" , 2 X Hanns-G Hi221 22"
  • Cooling:          Corsair H100i 240mm AiO Water Cooler
  • Keyboard:       Steelseries APEX (Raw)  + G13 Keypad 
  • Mouse:            Logitech Proteus Core G502
  • Sound:            Sony 7.1 Home Theater System

System Built in May of 2014 - Silverstone PSU  and Hanns-G Monitors are from my Feb. 2009 Build.

Favorite Quotes:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

“Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds" - Thought by J. Robert Oppenheimer 

Maybe go with a RX 580? You're gaming in 1080p so it would be pretty good choice. 

Thanks for the Quick reply, Given the Price range of the RX 580 ($350-$550USD) Wouldn't the nVidia GTX 980 Ti 6GB Card ($479-$600USD) be better Given the Price is roughly the same? Looking at a Price per FPS point of view.

Current Build - please no laughing!  Always looking for a comfortable replacement to my old Merc stealth and Steelseries Glass mousepad. 

• CPU:                I7 4770-K 3.5GHz Running @ 3.9GHz
  • Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z87 V1.0
  • RAM:               HyperX Fury (2 x 8GB) DDR 3 1866
  • GPU:                Sapphire R9 270X 4GB
  • Case:               Cooler Master HAF XB EVO
  • Storage:          1 x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, 1 x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
  • PSU:                SILVERSTONE ZM1200M 1200W ATX
  • Display(s):      1 x Phillips BDL4645E 47" , 2 X Hanns-G Hi221 22"
  • Cooling:          Corsair H100i 240mm AiO Water Cooler
  • Keyboard:       Steelseries APEX (Raw)  + G13 Keypad 
  • Mouse:            Logitech Proteus Core G502
  • Sound:            Sony 7.1 Home Theater System

System Built in May of 2014 - Silverstone PSU  and Hanns-G Monitors are from my Feb. 2009 Build.

Favorite Quotes:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

“Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds" - Thought by J. Robert Oppenheimer