Tips Review

1. Don't get a Z270 board if you have a locked CPU.

2. I would personally get a WD Black instead of the Seagate drive, but both are fine AFAIK.

3. If you have 2 monitors at different refresh rates, both will run at the lower refresh rate IIRC. Keep that in mind.

4. If you do stick with the Z270 board, get a 1070 and 7700k instead of the 1080 and 7700.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

1. Don't get a Z270 board if you have a locked CPU.

2. I would personally get a WD Black instead of the Seagate drive, but both are fine AFAIK.

3. If you have 2 monitors at different refresh rates, both will run at the lower refresh rate IIRC. Keep that in mind.

4. If you do stick with the Z270 board, get a 1070 and 7700k instead of the 1080 and 7700.

^ What he said

however, the WD Black isn't really needed at all unless you need really speedy performance

two monitors at different Hz will be able to run at different refresh rates IIRC

1080 + 7700 + B250 board >>> 1070 + 7700K + Z270 board.

also, that PSU is okay, but you can get much better for the same price.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

I guess it is fine but i feel that you can get anbetter case or cheaper because

what thing are you going to put in it?

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

6 hours ago, promotedhippo said:

New PC Build

Tell me what you think of it, and if any improvements could be made.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gcbF6X

Get a B250 or H270 motherboard since the i7-7700 is locked.

Consider less expensive memory. On Intel platforms memory speeds over 2400 don't really improve general use or (most) game performance.

There are better psu in the same price range. The Seasonic G-series 650W or EVGA G2 550W are two examples.

You might consider getting two identical or same size monitors. 

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.