1080 Ti Recommendation

w1nger1

I am looking to buy a 1080 Ti and have been browsing around for a while.

My current and previous 2 GPUs are from Gigabytes, so I am tempted to a different brand.

Been considering getting MSI GTX 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X, but I have never own any from MSI ever, not sure about overall quality of its product.

I am also considering EVGA GTX 1080 SC Hybrid Gaming, but it is harder to get one at my location.

Both of GPU are hybrid because I always wanted to try one, but I am open to any open air cooling GPU suggestion.

I will OC it so excellent cooling and built quality is heavily influencing my decision.

Your comment and recommendation will be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot in advance!

From at least my limited personal experience, the EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 has been rock-solid and quiet for me.  If you don't like the air-cooled solutions, NZXT has the Kraken G12 now for GPUs.  Not sure if it would be easier or just as hard to get where you are.

goto gpu-z bios page and look for cards with higher than 300w power limits. evga ftw3, Asus strix, zotax amp extreme all come to mind.

I would get the seahawk.  Msi does a great job of over building the pcb so performance will be top.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

16 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

From at least my limited personal experience, the EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 has been rock-solid and quiet for me.  If you don't like the air-cooled solutions, NZXT has the Kraken G12 now for GPUs.  Not sure if it would be easier or just as hard to get where you are.

Latest EVGA product is difficult to get at my location.

14 minutes ago, bomerr said:

goto gpu-z bios page and look for cards with higher than 300w power limits. evga ftw3, Asus strix, zotax amp extreme all come to mind.

Thanks! I will go there and check out my options. Which do you think will get a better result? open air or hybrid? 

5 minutes ago, Damascus said:

I would get the seahawk.  Msi does a great job of over building the pcb so performance will be top.

Thank you for your assurance.

23 minutes ago, w1nger1 said:

Thanks! I will go there and check out my options. Which do you think will get a better result? open air or hybrid? 

depends. evga hybrid is only 300w but the new ftw3 hybrid will be 360w. 

msi seahawk is only 300w so no better than evga sc2.

you really need to look at power limits for OC

16 minutes ago, bomerr said:

depends. evga hybrid is only 300w but the new ftw3 hybrid will be 360w. 

msi seahawk is only 300w so no better than evga sc2.

you really need to look at power limits for OC

FTW3 Hybrid is on my radar as well, never seems it will ever come out.