Budget 3D printer?

paulo7702

I'm looking for a 3D printers, but only have about an 800 dollar budget. Any recommendations?

5 minutes ago, paulo7702 said:

I'm looking for a 3D printers, but only have about an 800 dollar budget. Any recommendations?

Prusa i3 MK2

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

2 minutes ago, TheGhzGuy said:

Prusa i3 MK2

Thank you, but my budget allows for quite a bit more room. Are you positive that's the best option under 800 dollars?

Just now, paulo7702 said:

Thank you, but my budget allows for quite a bit more room. Are you positive that's the best option under 800 dollars?

Yes, I am. I own one. Auto leveling is not something you'll find in most printers. The direct drive lets you print nearly anything and the support they provide is quite good for the 3D printing industry.

Here's the website: http://www.prusa3d.com/prusa-i3-kit

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

I just ordered mine a few days ago! If you have more budget you could get hardened nozzles for printing with metals/ carbon fiber (the printer already can, but might wear out faster).

Intel i5-6600K, be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Asus MAXIMUS VIII Gene, 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4, 500gb Samsung 850 Evo, 2tb Seagate Barracuda, GTX 1080 EVGA FTW, Thermaltake Core v21, Seasonic M12II 850W

4 hours ago, TheGhzGuy said:

Yes, I am. I own one. Auto leveling is not something you'll find in most printers. The direct drive lets you print nearly anything and the support they provide is quite good for the 3D printing industry.

Here's the website: http://www.prusa3d.com/prusa-i3-kit

The printer looks amazing! But the only thing I can afford is the kit, and I'm not super technically experienced. Is the assembly prices vertical difficult?

6 minutes ago, paulo7702 said:

The printer looks amazing! But the only thing I can afford is the kit, and I'm not super technically experienced. Is the assembly prices vertical difficult?

The only printer kit that I can think of that could be easier to assemble is the Creality CR-10, but the Prusa is a much higher quality printer. (Though the CR-10 has a larger print volume) 

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2017 at 11:28 AM, paulo7702 said:

Monoprice