Blackweb Centaur Gaming Keyboard

20170702_213949.thumb.jpg.7f6c4860025fb28e06a14f471341a7ab.jpgThe Blackweb Centaur.

This keyboard currently retails at Wal-Mart for $16.30 (US). Currently out of stock there, it can still be found other places very cheap. I picked mine up for $20. Before I picked it up, I tried looking for some information on the keyboard and didn't really come up with many good opinions. So, here's mine: it's not the best. It's non mechanical, which can be expected from a $20 keyboard. But the travel required to activate these keys is too much. They're quite mushy, don't have a nice 'Click' to it, doesn't give the feel that you'd really want out of a gaming keyboard. But on the topic of gaming, man does this thing scream "Gamer". From it's jagged lines, to it's metal accents, it's just designed to grab anyone's attention. Oh, did I mention it has RGB?!?!!? No, I didn't. Because it's not RGB. It's RGY (As in Red, Green, and Yellow). As to why they chose yellow instead of blue, I couldn't tell you. It bothers me a lot because my rig is blue and my Logitech G302 mouse is also blue. But, it does have on board controls so you can change on the fly. But, the lights are just under the keys and do not shine through, which in my opinion is another fault. Luckily, there is an option to just shut them off. Cool. Now, onto the rest of the keyboard. It has the "In Your Face" Blackweb logo at the top which is again, really a gamer style. On the bottom, you'll find the wrist rest, which has a strange separate section which it's curved for the left hand. I see what they where trying to do, but for my hands, just doesn't feel comfortable. The keyboard also features a braided cable, which is too short for my setup. On the bottom, you'll find some honey comb style pattern, some rubber feet, along with some not bright enough lights that change with the rest of the keyboard. You will also find two different size feet options to raise it or lower it. Personally, I go with the tallest one because otherwise theres a gap that forms under the wrist rest . But be careful, these feet fall off VERY easy (your mileage may vary though). In my time of using it, I never use the gaming mode it features, and for some reason, the Windows Key works some of the time, and others it won't. All in all, it's not the worst keyboard ever, but it's not the best one either. I would say for $20, it may be worth it depending on if it matches your setup or if you're just going for good looks and not performance. If your looking for performance, look somewhere else. 

This is my first review. Go easy on me!!

17 hours ago, lw88 said:

That is one big paragraph.

Yeah ? I had it all typed out and spaced evenly on another tab but it wouldn't upload so I copied and pasted it over here and it just squished it together. 

• 2 years later...

i have this same keyboard and never had any issues until my nephew got ahold of it and started pressing button to make the lights flash and change colors.... gaming mode was turned on ( ive never used it) which i google how to turn off, apparently this keyboard has no manual, does anyone know how to reset it or turn on/off any other funtions, right now WASD just windows and bunch of other things come on i cant even type a web address right now, any help is appreciated.... ive grown fond of this key board and i know it still works and would hate to go shoppin because of a stupid function i could turn off....

• 2 months later...

I have this keyboard and is very good for typing but quite loud. BUT FOR GAMING IS ALMOST UNUSABLE, I tried all modes and none of them worked for gaming, the problem is when holding down a key.

If I change speed mode using Fn + Q, holding a key seems to not work all together. 

I'll leave you the manuals attached for further reference, sadly it is on Spanish, but, hey it is something.

useful keybindings
Fn + Q, changes the keys per second, between 30 and 60 kps
Fn + Windows key, blocks and unblocks windows key
Fn + F11, blocks and unblocks hole keyboard
Fn + W, makes WASD to work as arrows

blackweb keyboard manual Spanish front.jpg

blackweb_keyboard_manual_Spanish.jpg

EDIT:

The following "bug" only happens on MacOS, on Linux and Windows this issue is not present.

On the game (let's say CSGO) I press 'W' and I can move forward for about 5sec and then the key starts repeating itself a lot. Another example is on Tomb Raider, I need press and hold 'E' to use the torch and because of this I cannot do it. 

Edited by Nestor Tobon

I guess it looks decently, you can't expect much for 16$ but with just a little more money you can get much more value. I got lucky when I got my keyboard. It's around 30$, since it was the last one, a display model and it's amazing, it has a solid metal backplate, making it very sturdy, no metallic sound at all either when typing, it has outemu blue switches and a red backlight with lots of customization, and it's pretty hefty as well at 1.2kg. I've used the keyboard for over a year and had no issue with it so far, I smashed the keyboard a few times and spilt drinks on it on 2 occasions. I've never seen a keyboard with this price with a reputable switch manufacturer and a solid build quality.