PC died while turned off?

Bloody Spy

I just upgraded from my previous platform, but i did it slowly. I bought Ram, MoBo, CPU and tested them togheter, they worked fine. But the performance was unbearable with 2GBs of ram so i just used my old system until i could get my hands on some more. I got some more, now that i assembled everything, my PC won't boot.

I checked the 8-Pin CPU cable, 24-Pin Motherboard cable, 6-Pin GPU cable. All seated properly.

Checked ram in all combinations, including no ram. Nothing.

Checked without discrete GPU. Nothing.

Removed all connectors but the necessary. Nothing.

Reset CMOS. Nothing.

Reseated CPU. Nothing.

What i get is 2 very long beeps and a half long beep.

Mouse, Keyboard, USB powered Monitor all light up.

The fans turn on. (GPU, CPU and System)

Did my system just die while it was off?

BTW i changed my memory because Gigabyte really hates the lowest memory multiplier. Got some HyperX 1.65v now.

Hey,

Have you tried looking on the manufacturers website as to different post codes and the relevant beeps. Other things to look at are things like the lights as well as looking at something like the motherboard and seeing if there are post read outs, if there are, you could try searching for them.

Hope this helps,

TT

1 minute ago, TurtleTrain said:

Hey,

Have you tried looking on the manufacturers website as to different post codes and the relevant beeps. Other things to look at are things like the lights as well as looking at something like the motherboard and seeing if there are post read outs, if there are, you could try searching for them.

Hope this helps,

TT

No mentions on my code.

I don't think it happens often, but I once had a motherboard that refused to POST when there was no display attached to it.

when you got the bgeeping, is it only once? does the computer shut off mid beep? does it repeat? 

also specs please

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

22 minutes ago, Changis said:

when you got the bgeeping, is it only once? does the computer shut off mid beep? does it repeat? 

also specs please

Specs in my profile.

Phenom ii X6 1055T

GA-78LMT-USB3

2x2GB 1600MHz 1.65v HyperX

4 minutes ago, Bloody Spy said:

Specs in my profile.

Phenom ii X6 1055T

GA-78LMT-USB3

2x2GB 1600MHz 1.65v HyperX

the more important question though:

when you got the beeping, is it only once? does the computer shut off mid beep? does it repeat? 

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

1 hour ago, Changis said:

the more important question though:

when you got the beeping, is it only once? does the computer shut off mid beep? does it repeat? 

What i get is 2 very long beeps and a half long beep. *Repeat*