1400 vs 1500x

I'm wondering which Ryzen CPU I should get?

I'm mostly gaming, but I plan to stream with some friends sometimes and Im even thinking of doing a YouTube channel so Id have to do some light editing.

I'm looking at the quad core Ryzen 5 CPUs, but I'm wondering which would be the better deal for me?  I'm pretty sure the 1500x won't bottleneck my 780 or whatever I plan ton upgrade to, but what about the 1400?  That shouldn't bottleneck anything, right?

Anyways, which would be the the better CPU for me?

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

Get the 1500x. It had a larger L3 cache which let's it perform better.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

15 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

I'm wondering which Ryzen CPU I should get?

I'm mostly gaming, but I plan to stream with some friends sometimes and Im even thinking of doing a YouTube channel so Id have to do some light editing.

I'm looking at the quad core Ryzen 5 CPUs, but I'm wondering which would be the better deal for me?  I'm pretty sure the 1500x won't bottleneck my 780 or whatever I plan ton upgrade to, but what about the 1400?  That shouldn't bottleneck anything, right?

Anyways, which would be the the better CPU for me?

The 1500X performs much better on several situations, and has a better overall quality. I'd really try to get a 1600 at this point however, as this is the king of perf/price and is a huge upgrade for "futureproof" (for well, in the predictable future)

2 minutes ago, ErrantNyles said:

The 1500X performs much better on several situations, and has a better overall quality. I'd really try to get a 1600 at this point however, as this is the king of perf/price and is a huge upgrade for "futureproof" (for well, in the predictable future)

I get that, but it's a little over my price range right now.

5 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Get the 1500x. It had a larger L3 cache which let's it perform better.

Thanks both of y'all 

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.