JoshuaTjandra

Here is what I've got so far

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/joshuatjandra/saved/2VdT

REQUIREMENTS

M-ATX, SLI/CF capable, Fits in a Prodigy-M

BUDGET

800-1000 CAD

AIM

Gaming, BF4, DOTA, CS:GO, other AAA titles.

MONITORS

Single 1080p

PERIPHERALS

Need monitor and windows 8

What can I do to make this build cheaper and more efficient

I will be waiting for Black Friday hoping the prices will come down.

can't stretch more than $1000, I'm trying to keep it in the $800 range

Thanks!

EDIT:

I choose some parts for you: here IF you don't want to go above $1000 and stay in the $800's

For windows just install it and use the trial for a few months.

You don't need a key.

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Use THIS and choose all the parts you need in your price range.

Isn't that the build I posted a few days ago......

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Isn't that the build I posted a few days ago......

No I literally just built that list

Use THIS and choose all the parts you need in your price range. 

I choose some parts for you: here

did you even read his post?

nothing you posted is relevant. 

Error: 410

did you even read his post?

nothing you posted is relevant. 

I made that as a second choice incase he didn't want to spend the $100CAD he said was a stretch.

No I literally just built that list

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/79059-my-new-build/?p=1085511

Ya brand new...

Nice edit and way to read OP

That list doesn't nearly have the same parts...

They're identical and in the same order? Lulz

sli and mATX? interesting. can the prodigy m even handle sli/xfire??

I'm pretty sure that was why they made the Prodigy-M

I think u can find a better monitor for that price.

I would go with a more expensive monitor since u can keep reusing a good monitor in future builds rather then buy a cheap one and replace it later.

I believe that is a TN panel. Go IPS unless u need the extra speed on tn.

For windows just install it and use the trial for a few months.

You don't need a key.

Lol, But you will get that annoying shut downs after the trail. I believe it is every 2hours it does a force shut down till u get a key.

ummmm no offence OP but why would u wanna xfire a 270 anyways? by the time u would have money to make an upgrade im sure a different single GPUI solution would be better anyways

ummmm no offence OP but why would u wanna xfire a 270 anyways? by the time u would have money to make an upgrade im sure a different single GPUI solution would be better anyways

X-fire is scheduled on early january 2014. I don't think anything is coming out that soon.

and as far as I know 2x 270 or 2x 760 beats their higher end models at 1080p.

X-fire is scheduled on early january 2014. I don't think anything is coming out that soon.

and as far as I know 2x 270 or 2x 760 beats their higher end models at 1080p.

thats really early for planning xfire...... why not just wait and just pick up a 7970?

yea maybe but u introduce new problem,s like framtimes, games that support xfire. and trust mme u wont be happy if xfire isnt supoprted in your game. plus your CPu might start bottlenecking you at that time  anyways so its a really imblanced build in the end

thats really early for planning xfire...... why not just wait and just pick up a 7970?

yea maybe but u introduce new problem,s like framtimes, games that support xfire. and trust mme u wont be happy if xfire isnt supoprted in your game. plus your CPu might start bottlenecking you at that time  anyways so its a really imblanced build in the end

I'm basing my CPU picks on this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIT9uLDjZcg

Frametime is fixed for 1080p (I read this on PCPER when Ryan Shrout was on the WAN show I believe)

I think most modern games now support X-Fire, Titles like BF4 do so I don't think X-Fire support is a problem.

I'm basing my CPU picks on this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIT9uLDjZcg

Frametime is fixed for 1080p (I read this on PCPER when Ryan Shrout was on the WAN show I believe)

I think most modern games now support X-Fire, Titles like BF4 do so I don't think X-Fire support is a problem.

fair enough seems like a good choice then. just remember u can get a r9 290 for that price. the 1gb vram extra might be worth it. its toally up to you just giving you options